icon

06 f350 alarm remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all, I have a 05 F350 (Automatic Diesel) I am planning on installing an alarm/Remote Start Combo on and I have a question concerning the locks. I think, by reading the install manuals i've downloaded, that I can rig a way to make it so that i can wire an arm/disarm input (using options 4-06 and 4-07 to option 3 or 4) to the after market alarm from the trucks lock system this way I can still use the door keypad to access the truck. What I am thinking of is locating the lock and unlock wires from the VSM and cut them then place a diode on the door switch side to prevent the switches in the door from disarming the alarm but still have it so that the factory keyfob remote/Door keypad can unlock and lock the truck. I have read through the instructions and looked over wiring diagrams and think I have a good plan of attack on this but want to know if anyone else has done this or knows about this and can shed a little more light on my plans.

I have installed this system on an 06 I had but I have gotten rid of that for this truck and am trying to put the alarm in this now, But this time I have to deal with power locks too, and would like it the way I want if at all possible.

What I am working with:

2005 F350 Diesel with Factory Remote Keyless
Compustar CM6000 Alarm/Remote Start System
P9000SS Antenna/Remote Kit
I can upload documents and such with what I have read and looked at to figure this out, Just let me know if you need it or would like to see it.

This is the wire diagram I am thinking will work for what I am attempting. Can anyone else tell? I think the wires I need for this is the BK/WH & WH/RD in the center of the picture.

06 f350 alarm remote start -- posted image.

buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
It's impossible to read any of the image.
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2013 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry, I thought it would upload as a "Click to expand" thing.

06 f350 alarm remote start -- posted image.

*Pre-emptive sorry just incase this shows up too big*

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
upon discovering offroadzj's "wiring template" thing that he made I downlaoded and filled it out, Here is a copy and paste of it. Vehicle Information: 2005 Ford F350 Diesel with Remote Keyless Entry Alarm / Remote Start Unit: Compustar CM6000 Alarm/Remote Start (P9000SS Remotes/antenna) Bypass Module: None Needed, No PATS Alarm / Remote Start / Bypass Unit Vehicle Connection Color Description Color Polarity Location: CN1 P1 White 12V Accessory RED / Black & Grey / YELLOW ? + Ignition Harness CN1 P2 Yellow 12V to Starter Green + Ignition Harness CN1 P3 Green 12V to Ignition RED / Green + Ignition Harness CN1 P4 Black Ground (-) N/A - Body Ground CN1 P5 (X2) Red (X2) 12V Constant N/A + FuseBox Power Bolt CN1 P6 GREEN / WHITE 12V Parking light Output Brown + FuseBox or VSM Green connector Pin 2 AR P85 Violet - Trigger from alarm WHITE/ Black - Alarm Brain/Control Module AR P86 Red (Thin Prewired) +12v Trigger N/A + N/A AR P87 Red +12V Constant Input Red + Alarm Main Harness (CN1P5) AR P30 Blue +12V Output (2nd Accessory +) Grey / YELLOW or Dark Blue/Light Green ? + Ignition Harness CN2 P1 Red Battery Backup + CN2 P2 Black Battery Backup - CN3 P1 Blue -250mA Output to Starter Kill Blue Prewired to Starter-Kill Relay CN3 P2 ORANGE / Black - Parking Light Reminder CN3 P3 GREEN / WHITE -250mA 2nd Parking Light Output (POC1) CN3 P4 Light Blue - Emergency/Parking Brake Input Light GREEN/ Red - At Parking Brake CN3 P5 RED / Black -250mA 2nd Starter Output (POC2) CN3 P6 Light Blue/White + Foot Brake Input Green + At Brake Pedal CN3 P7 GREEN / WHITE -250mA 2nd Ignition Output (POC3) CN3 P8 Violet/Black -Trunk Trigger Input CN3 P9 WHITE/ Black -250mA 2nd Accessory Output (POC4) Violet - Pin 85 Additional Relay with Alarm CN3 P10 RED / White +/- Door Trigger Input (Select Polarity by Dip Switch) Various + ? Direct to Vehicle, Diode Each separate CN3 P11 Black -250mA Status Out (GWR) (POC5) CN3 P12 BROWN / White +/- Key Sense/Glow Plug Input (Select Polarity by Dip Switch) BLACK/ Pink - At Steering Wheel (Key Sense) CN3 P13 ORANGE / Black -250mA Rearm Output (POC6) CN3 P14 Pink - Slave/Timer Start Input CN3 P15 ORANGE / White -250mA Disarm Output (POC7) CN3 P16 Yellow/Black Engine Sensing Input (Alt./Tach/Battery) GREEN / WHITE PTO Wires behind FuseBox CN3 P17 White -250mA Horn Output (POC8) Dark Blue - Steering Wheel or VSM-Pin6 of Green Plug CN3 P18 Grey/Black - Hood Pin Input N/A - To Hood Pin at Front of Truck CN3 P19 Violet -250mA Aux 1 Output (POC9) CN3 P20 Brown + 12V Output to Siren N/A + To Siren Under Hood CN4 P1~20 Black Connector ADS Blade Connector CN5 P1 *NONE* N/A CN5 P2 Violet/White -250mA Trunk Release Output CN5 P3 ORANGE / Black -250mA Priority Unlock Output RED / Orange - VSM (Grey Connector Pin 7) or Drivers Kick Panel (DKP) CN5 P4 Blue -250mA Unlock Output Pink/Orange - VSM (Grey Connector Pin 6?) or Drivers Kick Panel (DKP) CN5 P5 Blue/Black -250mA Lock Output Pink/Black - VSM (Grey Connector Pin 1) or Drivers Kick Panel (DKP) CN5 P6 *NONE* N/A CN6 P1~4 Blue Connector RS232 Connector CN7 P1~3 White Connector Valet Button CN8 P1~2 Blue Connector Temp Sensor CN9 P1~4 Blue Connector 4Pin Antenna CN10 P1~6 Blue Connector 6Pin Antenna CN11 P1~2 White Connector LED (Don't use together with the RPS-Touch) N/A N/A N/A CN12 P1~4 White Connector RPS Module RPS-Touch on Windshield CN13 P1~4 Red Connector Pre-Wired Shock Sensor CN14 P1 Black - CN14 P2 BLACK/ White -Warning Input* {Also Option 4-07 changes to +/- Arm Output} ? WHITE/ Red - ? VSM (Grey Connector Pin 3) Diode between VSM/A.M. Alarm & Truck CN14 P3 Red +12V CN14 P4 Grey/White -(Pre Warning / Warning) Input* {Also Option 4-06 changes to +/- Disarm Output} ? BLACK/ White - ? VSM (Grey Connector Pin 2) Diode between VSM/A.M. Alarm & Truck Dome Light Supervision BLACK/ Light Blue + Pass Kick Panel (PKP) or Cluster Blue connector Pin 26 Reverse Lights BLACK/ Pink + Fuse Box Black 8-Pin Connector Pin X Hazard Lights Right Turn Signal ORANGE / Lite Blue - Rear WHITE/ Light Blue - Front + Turn Signal Switch Left Turn Signal Light GREEN/ Orange - Rear Light GREEN / WHITE - Front + Turn Signal Switch Sorry about the bold formatting thingies excel put around the bold parts, btw, That is the option I am planning to go with on my install.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
If I understand you correctly you want to be able to use the factory keypad to disarm the after market system. I looked through the manual for the system you have and i did NOT see a disarm input wire. There is a factory disarm wire but that is NOT the same.. that wire is used for the after market system to disarm a factory alarm. It doesn't work in reverse. To achieve what you want you would have to use a system design to have factory add on capabilities i.e. a designated arm and disarm input wire(s) and a disarm defeat feature. I MAY be wrong but I did NOT see these features or wires listed in your systems manual. I would also recommend a more appropriate wire diagram. I can provide you with either a Directed or Audiovox diagram if you like. Just let me know.
Gary Sather
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

The manual I have in the options Table 4-06 and 4-07 says you can change the green (cn13) plug from a second warning/trigger input to either a positive or negative (selectable by option choice) disarm and arm respectively.

I figured I'd have to cut the vehicles wiring and put in diodes in order to seperate it from the door switches so you can't just get in the truck then hit the door switch to de-activate the alarm. Then I figured I'd have to make the arm wire through a relay to only be active when the vehicle isn't running, That way I don't activate the alarm accidentally while the vehicle is running.

however, I am now second guessing that may not work because the only thing the diodes will do is keep the vehicle from locking all together by means of the door switches, Unless someone knows what wire(s) do the factory keyless arm&disarm and their polarity.

tonanzith 
Posted: April 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
If your alarm has a disarm defeat feature you do not need diodes.
Vehicles with keyless entry, the lock wire is WHITE/ red (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 3. The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Vehicles with keyless entry, the unlock wire is BLACK/ white (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 2. The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening. Vehicles with keyless entry the VSM shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period, to wake up the system refer to Tech Doc 1094.
Gary Sather
tonanzith 
Posted: April 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
you could also consider using the parking light pulse to arm and disarm the alarm if they flash when locking and unlocking using the keypad or remote.
Gary Sather
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  

tonanzith wrote:
If your alarm has a disarm defeat feature you do not need diodes.
I am not aware of a disarm defeat feature aside from the valet button thing which needs a code/procedure to activate, it's not just a wire.

tonanzith wrote:
Vehicles with keyless entry the VSM shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period
I had heard/read about that so I am aware, I just have to make the diagram physical.

tonanzith wrote:
you could also consider using the parking light pulse to arm and disarm the alarm if they flash when locking and unlocking using the keypad or remote.
I'd have a couple issues with this idea, first: While my parking lights do flash on arm/lock they don't with disarm/unlock; Second: how would that work to get it to just register the pulsed lights and not arm itself anytime I turn the parking lights (/headlights) on?

Does anyone know if there is an actual factory arm/disarm output from the stock keyless module thing and what wires they may be? After second  guessing myself about the diodes and such on the lock/unlock wires (WHITE/ red, BLACK/ white) I am having a hard time figuring how the diodes should go, any sugestions?

Thanks for all the replies and help; past, present, and future.

tonanzith 
Posted: April 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
A reputable alarm will have a disarm defeat wire if it has factory add on capabilities. It would need to see both the unlock pulse and disarm defeat pulse to disarm the system. So I'd your parking lights don't flash on disarm I.e. unlocking from the keypad then you need to find another source. Such as any light that comes on when unlocking from the keypad but not just from the switch. This doesn't mean any time that light or parking light comes on the alarm arms or disarms it needs both pulses and also when your ignition is on the system is off. So it's not like it can arm when your driving down the road. I have reviewed your systems manual AGAIN and do NOT believe your system is capable of what you want.
Gary Sather
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic