06 f350 alarm remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

tonanzith wrote:
A reputable alarm will have a disarm defeat wire if it has factory add on capabilities. It would need to see both the unlock pulse and disarm defeat pulse to disarm the system. So I'd your parking lights don't flash on disarm I.e. unlocking from the keypad then you need to find another source. Such as any light that comes on when unlocking from the keypad but not just from the switch. This doesn't mean any time that light or parking light comes on the alarm arms or disarms it needs both pulses and also when your ignition is on the system is off. So it's not like it can arm when your driving down the road. I have reviewed your systems manual AGAIN and do NOT believe your system is capable of what you want.

Does that disarm defeat pulse thing have a different name I could look for? I just read through the whole install guide I have for the CM6000 and I didn't see anything like that aside from the valet switch which is a 3-wire pre-wired button that works in conjuction with the ignition and/or the 2-way remote.

also, I took a clip of where I read about the arm/disarm input from my control manual here is the link, https://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7422/406and407ofcompustarcm6.jpg How old is your manual? Mine says it is (C)2009 but doesn't specify a version number.

Side note to any moderators who may see this, Since I can't edit my stuff yet (and they aren't the most recent posts), could you take my pics above and just turn them into links like I have in this post, Thanks.

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
I just did a google search and found a (C)2011 (V6.07) copy of the CM6000 Install manual and I checked and still see the option on its menu too, What I had was apparently a (C) 2009 V2 maual.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
OK so I looked at that image. It does look like that would work. However after scouring the manual there is no disarm defeat which means there is no real way to keep someone from using the lock/unlock switch from disarming the system. Best solution is to find a light that comes on when the truck is unlocked with the factory remote or keypad but that doesn't come on when simply using the switch. this COULD be a parking light, dash light or even sometimes a light near the third brake light if you have one on the top rear of the cab. In other words the system would not disarm if someone used the switch because it wouldn't see the pulse that it needs to disarm.
If I am NOT mistaken you should be able to use a pulse that goes to one of the white lights by the third brake light. I believe when you disarm with the keypad and or factory remote there are two white lights to either side of the third brake light that illuminate that DONT turn on when simply using the unlock switch. if this is the case the this would work for what you need.
Gary Sather
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2013 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, with all the above stuff aside i have a couple questions,.I have the alarm/remote start installed and working except the gem wake up thing so far, (and the ground for the siren).

If i am not mistaken that gem wake up thing is for after 5 min or so when the vsm "goes to sleep" , right? Or is the VSM something different from the GEM that relay configuration was designed for? I had read that I need to have that on my truck but havn't gotten to making it up yet.

the unit has door lock , Door Unlock, and Priority Unlock wires on Connector 4. Do these go to the Lock and Unlock (WHITE/ Red, BLACK/ White) wires or do they go to the lock motor wires (Pink/Orange, RED / Orange, Pink/Black)? I currently have it hooked up to the motor wires.but the locks don't work with the compustar remote (tested immediately after locking/unlocking with factory remote to make sure the vsm is awake).

I read on a topic here somewhere (google search result) something about putting a diode on the dome light Supervision wire (Door Sense wire), am I suppose to or is it just a direct wire? While on this subject what does "Auto" mean in the options menu for domelight Delay? My other options are off, 5 sec, and 45sec. Does this have anything to do with supervision or is this for a dome light output?

Once I get the locks working I'll see if the dome lights go out when the vehicle locks, If not that will be another question for another time.

Thanks for any help/info anyone has/provides.

Ace_boy2786

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  

I don't know who all is watching or looking at this thread but if anyone knows if there is a way to check the firmware of a control module (or how to make sure a flash was accepted) without the module installed in a vehicle (ex: hooked to the computer or something) I would be very welcome to hear about it, I would like to check this control module I tried to flash, I swapped my second module that I updated with a working module in my truck and once I made all the connections and then re-connected the ground the module started to make or cause (I couldn't tell in the little space I was in) a clicking as if a relay was continously being activated and de-activated. I want to make sure nothing was messed up and the module is flashed correctly, the truck seems fine without te module(s) installed, with the little space I got frustrated and didn't try re-hooking in the working, un-updated, module.

P.S. I've also been in / watching this thread too... cm6000, RPS Touch Pager, What Gives?

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  

Update for anyone wondering and/or reading this.

I found out that if you have an OP500 (or at minimum an ADS-USB adapter kit) You can go to the idatalink site and use the weblink updater software. once you update WebLink to ver 6.3 you can update just the control modules with-out a blade module, prior to that you need a blade module to do anything, or so I'm told.

ok, I have the alarm starter installed, I'm only missing a couple features that I would like/that don't work, They are as follows

1. Unlock/Disarm and Lock/Arm using factory fobs and door keypad; But not the interior door switches. If anyone knows how to wire this PLEASE LET ME KNOW, Thank You.
2. Locks don't seem to be working with the alarm. I have the Lock wire connected to the Pink/Black, Unlock connected to Pink/Orange, and Priority Unlock to RED / Orange all direct to vehicles wiring. Is this correct, or should I have connected to the WHITE/ Red and BLACK/ White and not have Priority Unlock (which I would like to have)? (Yes the GEM wakeup is connected to the vehicle as the diagram states and set the alarm to double pulse on unlock.)
3. I have to double check my Dip switches for my Door Trigger polarity, I don't remember what I had it set to and I didn't think to check before i re-installed. Once I do that I will try and connect them directly to isolated Door trigger leads, If that don't work I will have to try and change the dip switch and connect to dome supervision. I tested the door trigger wires before hand and with a 3-light test light (correct power connection, +, -) it shows red (+) then green (-) when a door is opened, with a multimeter it shows 12v when closed and like ?6v when open. however, I noticed that if i wait like ?45sec then the constant red goes to a quick flashing red, will this cause a false in the system?
If I have to use domelight supervision, and the light don't go off when I press the lock button, how do I set it to sense when the light goes out? can I just set option setting 3-3 to IV? or do I have to use option II or III?

With updating the control module to V7.00 via idatalinks WebLink the RPS-Touch is now flashing like it should when armed, I have yet to try and program it though  on account the door triggers and locks aren't working... yet...

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

UPDATE:

I have both the door triggersand the door locks kind-of figured out, For the locks I changed from the lock motor wires (RED / orange, pink/orange, pink/black) to the lock and unlock relay wires (BLACK/ white, WHITE/ red) and the locks are now working with the alarm, Just now I don't have the drivers priority lock which I would like to be able to retain. As for the door trigger I currently have it hooked up to domelight supervision with auto dome delay which seems to work, I don't seem to be getting a flase yet.

Im still up for anyone with info to help me get the features I want on this thing working., Thanks. 

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2013 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  

Pg.2 - 16\782 BUMP

Stilll looking to find out how to wire to work as desired. any info that can help me i'd be glad to hear.

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
pg2 - 17-895 bump
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2013 at 4:44 AM / IP Logged  

pg 2 - 18/957 bump

no one aable to assist with factory keypad retention ideas yet?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic