icon

boss ar3000d class d monoblock amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
longboy64 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2013 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your great knowledge about amps. I did return the amp an I have to wait 7 to 10 business days to get my money back because it was less then 30 day of purchase I do get a refund. I really want a amp around 2000 watts but no less then 1500. I'm in no rush to find it. Maybe a sony, alpine or something like that. So thanks for the help. Can I add you as a buddy? God bless.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2013 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
good im glad you can return that amp for a refund. if you plan on buying an amp with that much power then you should expect to be buying some new subs too because what you have now probably wont last very long on that much power. i would stay away from a Sony amp, they arent bad amps but they are not as powerful as they say they are and usually arent very clean either. try looking at brands like Phoenix Gold, Crossfire, ARC audio, Memphis, Power Bass, Soundstream, Precision Power(PPI), among others. pretty much every brand has high and lower quality amps to choose from and they should be priced accordingly too, that $475 you spent on that Boss amp should be enough to get you a decent 1000-1500 watt amp, but if you want to step it up to 2000 watts then expect to pay around $700 for a true 2000 watt RMS amp.
also keep in mind that that much power will require you to buy GOOD all-copper wire that is at least a true 4 gauge but i would recommend using 0 gauge if it will fit into the amp directly. beware that not all wire is made equal, just because it is labeled as a certain gauge doesnt mean that it has the same amount of wire inside. the difference in price really matters when it comes to getting good wire. cheap wire is usually not copper, it is copper-plated aluminum, and it probably wont have as much wire inside the jacket. on the other side, really good wire will be sold copper or tin-plated copper. the wire will fill most of the jacket.
my keyboard is flipping out so ill finish this post later
longboy64 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Well I did find a ARC I think it's a dxi 1000.1 that will give me what I want so i'm glad you did say arc audio because I never heard of them but my friend has a arc but it's only like 600 watts I'm getting 2 of these @ like 460 each one at a time though thanks again.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic