icon

2010 silverado idatalink ads aldl gm10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hondabob929 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 2010 silverado with factory remote start i installed a python 5706p and i used an idatalink module i installed it in data mode everything on the alarm works properly except the remote start the ive checked all connections multiple times at this point im at a loss also i used type three wiring diagram i searched idatalinks support page and found on page six http://www.idatalink.com/support#tab=_information     that if it fails to remote start and you have factory remote start to use type two which is only one wire different pin one instead of pin two for ignition + i dont have a wire in pin one so that wont work either normally i can figure this stuff out without having to ask just by searching but i havent been able to find this issue thanks
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
which firmware did you flash the module with, and which module are you using?
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, just saw it in the title, oops.
hondabob929 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
yes the module is ads-al firmware is dl-gm10 it was flashed with the regular package not the premium package i had one of the local shops flash it for me i have oem remote start Bluetooth and the steering controls they said the premium package was navigation and that sorts thanks again
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  

Might be a dumb question but don't want to over look anything. 

Programming the ADS AL (DL) GM10 firmware is a multi-step process. 

The first step is the firmware flash on the bypass module.

The second step is setting the Installation Mode, either Standard W2W or Data ( D2D). 
The third step is the actual wire connections to the vehicle and the remote starter. 
Next comes the first vehicle programming step. 
Then the bypass module is unplugged and re-connected to the ADS USB cable / PC for the
"extended programming"  Klon process.
Then the bypass module is re-connected to it's harnesses and the final vehicle programming
step is done.

Did the local install shop do all this for you?  If they just flashed the module with DL GM10 and

put it back in the box and handed it to you, there is still more to do to finish the process.

Soldering is fun!
hondabob929 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
i thought it was a good question
they did the firmware flash when i bought it from then
i installed it
set the mode to data
went through the first programing step
drove to the shop unplugged the module
they flashed the second part of the klon process
i reconnected the module and went through the second programing
close the door open the door to wake up module insert key turn it to on wait for the light to go solid for two sec turn ignition off
after doing all that all functions work except remote start thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

OK, that's good info.  I'll also assume they flashed the ADS AL CA with the DBI DL GM10 flavor of firmware to support the Python DBI D2D protocol.  The normal, more common, firmware is the ADS DL GM10 firmware that uses a different D2D comm protocol.  The install guide you should be using is #10193.  Here is the link :  http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-GM10/DBI-AL(DL)-GM10-EN_20121130.pdf  All of the Red dashed lines are handled by the DBI D2D harness.

Have you checked the trucks ignition connector and tried the Type 2 wiring?

Another thought would be going to W2W mode, but that would require a module factory reset and another trip to the local shop for the Klon extended programming.

Can't help too much more as I am not a big DEI user, rarely go in D2D mode and haven't done a R/S in a truck that had the factory R/S system installed.

Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Big question is, what does the light on the FLCAN do when you try to remote start? Is it green or red?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
hondabob929 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
the light on the CAN flashes green five times at each attempt to remote start
unless im missing something which i could be im not ruling that out
the type two wiring shows the same as type three except ignition wire for type two is in pin one ignition wire in type three is in pin two
in my plug there is not a wire in pin one
hondabob929 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
as far as the flash goes they did ask me what alarm i was using so i have to assume they they flashed it for that alarm
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic