the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001-2003 F-150 Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2016 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
You might have to do a Tach Learn again.  That switch is like a Valet switch on normal brands.
Soldering is fun!
bucky kessler 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2016 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
Just had to register to add to this. I just completed my install and the problem I ran into was everything worked great but the heater would not turn on. Turns out I had the wrong acc wire. The wire you want for the heater is the gray / YELLOW wire. Hope this helps someone.
rheckbert3 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2016 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
bucky kessler wrote:
Just had to register to add to this. I just completed my install and the problem I ran into was everything worked great but the heater would not turn on. Turns out I had the wrong acc wire. The wire you want for the heater is the gray / YELLOW wire. Hope this helps someone.
Congratulations on the install! Yes grey / YELLOW wire is correct. Just out of my own curiosity, what was the second accessory wire you connected to other than grey / YELLOW (RED / black or black green?)
rheckbert3 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2016 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
bucky kessler wrote:
Congratulations on the install! Yes grey / YELLOW wire is correct. Just out of my own curiosity, what was the second accessory wire you connected to other than grey / YELLOW (RED / black or black green?)
bucky kessler 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2016 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
I did BLACK/ green at first.
4thgencamarofan 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2017 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
I know it's not covered in the first post, but does anyone have more info on the GEM wake up and diode isolation for door triggers to prevent false triggers? I'm looking at doing a Viper/Clifford 5906 remote start system on a 2002 Supercrew truck with FKE. I have a good understanding of the IGN, ACC, starter, parking lights, brake shutdown, horn, lock/unlock wires etc. First post makes it pretty easy lol. Only thing I'm not sure on is the GEM wake up and diode isolation.
Thanks
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/DOWNLOADS/14301_F-SERIES-LIGHT-DUTY_FORD%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION.pdf
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
4thgencamarofan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Okay so if I'm understanding this correctly.
Where the 4 door triggers come into the GEM(called BCM on that file) I need to cut them and put 1N4001 diodes on each of them with the stripe facing AWAY from the GEM.
And then when I connect the 4 door triggers to the instant trigger on the RS/alarm unit, I also need 1N4001 diodes on all four of those wires as well with the stripe facing away from the RS/Alarm unit.
Is this correct or do I have it all screwed up?
4thgencamarofan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
I also see in folder 1093 of that zip file there's info on GEM wake up. It says in there the GEM needs to see a factory remote, a door is opened, or the factory alarm disarm signal. Can I simply connect the RS/Alarm disarm signal to the factory alarm disarm signal since it has a factory alarm?
4thgencamarofan 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2017 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone confirm my question? I want to make sure I fully understand this before I purchase anything.
I would take the Viper/Python's green door trigger input and wire to each of the individual door triggers with a diode with the cathode side away from the alarm module. And then cut the wires going to the GEM and put diodes on each of those triggers with the cathode side away from the GEM. There's no trunk so that's not anything I need to mess with. This is how I'm interpreting DEI tech tip 1076 and the link geepherder posted for door trigger isolation.
GEM wake up as I understand it from DEI tech tip 1093.
I need to take the blue unlock wire from the alarm and wire it to the trucks unlock signal AND the door ajar wire using diodes on both with the cathode side toward the alarm module, and then set the alarm to double pulse unlock. The first pulse will wake up the GEM, and then the second pulse will actually unlock the vehicle.
Am I understanding this correctly?
Thanks for the help guys, I'm a newbie when it comes to stuff like this. I work on diesels, not much of a wiring guy but I do have a basic understanding.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic