icon

What 2 way lcd alarm is good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
po_pimp1_1 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Well i'm looking into get an remote starter/alarm for my car. I like the 2 way lcd alarm but are these alarm any good or is it a wate of money. This alarm is going to be on a 98 Mercury Sable. Can anyone recommend a good brand?? is it ok for me to get it through Ebay??
jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
I can only say the Hornet 554T from DEI kick's ASS big time.
scuba1954 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have the Commando FM760 and have had no problems and it has super distance to it.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

dei piece is huge go with something smaller you will be glad this is the unit i have.

http://www.magnadyne.com/index.cfm?MasterAction=Item&InvMasID=9016&Web_Catid=136What 2 way lcd alarm is good? -- posted image.

Joe O'Byrne
Owner / Installer
deepdisshed 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Don't get the Ungo MS2007. The alarm goes off for no reason in the winter and the 2-way remote stopped working properly after 6 months.
Duston 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2003 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

Try looking for a delta pro 5005 lcd display. Price on this model is pretty good and not to hard to install yourself, good directions. Good luck

Factory security systems suck!
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2003 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a crimstopper cs2015 (I think thats the right model number) Anyway, its the one with the pager/keypad/lcd screen with the lil antenna like a cell phone that comes out the top. I installed that on my cutlass in november of 99 and still working fine to this day with only one probelem. Every once in a blue moon the pager will beep one single beep. I check it, and it says that nothing is wrong. I dunno, maybe the battery is gettin weak and its a reminder chirp or something. But as for remote starting, and all other features, it works like a pro. Best of all, I see them all over ebay now for 130 bucks! I got mine in 99 when they first came out, and I paid well over 250. If yer looking for the cheapest, most relaible for the money, look at the crimestopper.
pinchy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2003 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

The only thing I don't like about the Viper Responder is the remote, and it's not because of the size.  The buttons aren't recessed enough, so crap in my pocket keeps pushing the buttons by accident.  Not a big deal, but gets annoying.

Two_Cold 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2003 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Crimestopper
I have the same one as CutDog504 describes. Works great, easy to install, good range & two way works all the time.
completeaudio 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2003 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

i have used both the DEI Responder and the Autopage 750LCD...

the DEI as mentioned b/f has a slighly larger remote and the buttons do get press while in your pocket...  DEI is a better brand and makes the install a bit eaisier.

The autopage has some unique features... the temperture sensor and the knock sensor are amoung them along with the time display on the remote gives this unit a slight edge over the DEI one.  

Both units are good....

are you installing the alarm yourself??  If not e-bay may not be the best way to go... most shops will only install what they sell and if they do otherwise they will charge you a great deal for it.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic