icon

2010 ford fusion s signal wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryand 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing my 2 12 inch subwoofers into my 2010 ford fusion S. I have everything set up but i cannot find the signal wire or turn on lead. I think it may be behind the radio but I'm not sure and i am not sure which wire it is. Like i said i have everything set up but i still need to splice the turn on lead so that my amp will turn on when i turn on my car and turn off when i turn off my car. Please give me any possible information you may have towards my problem.
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Try the cigarette lighter aka 12volt accessory port. If you have ever used yours and know that it turns off with the key then you should be in business as after as a place to tap in for a 12v switched trigger for your amp!
there can be only one.......
powerslave 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
IF you cannot find a remote turn on lead (you won't with a factory radio), then wire up a switch, or wire up an ACCY +12 to the remote terminal of the amp. That is what I did for my 2006 Charger. I am going to run a switch though, eventually.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
you should be able to use one of the 12v sockets in your charger, one of them should be a switched output. i could never really recommend using an actual switch on an amp because that is a good way to kill a battery if you forget to turn it off, no matter the car, there is always an ignition or accessory wire you can use, its just a matter of how much work it it to find. even if you didnt want to tap any factory wires, there are devices like the PAC SOEM-T line output converter that supplies a remote output when it senses an audio signal.
also on your charger, if you open the rear fuse box by the battery and look there will be a 10A(i think...) fuse that is in a spot with 3 terminals and the fuse will take up two of the 3 terminals. it will be marked "IGN" next to one of those terminals. this fuse is a jumper for the 12v sockets that allows you to select whether you want them on constantly or on with the ignition circuit. you can buy a "fuse tap" and use this IGN jumper for a remote for your amps and its very easy to run because its already in the trunk.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic