2008 nissan sentra, remote start, python

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
merlins gt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2013 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hello
I have a 08 Nissan Sentra and I am going to install a python 5303 alarm / remote start! this car is just the plane base stock model the keys I think have the chips in them, anyway I got the Xpres pkall for the key bypass but it does not show that it is for the 2008 model
so I have returned it and got the Xpres dball2!
I hope this time I got the right one.
now were do you find the wiring diagram for this car and just how hard is it going to be to install this system in this car?
this car has a Clifford matrix rs3 alarm/door lock system is right now
(this was sold to my wife and was stated as it could have remote start added later but she was lied to)
I have done a lot of wiring on cars before but never an alarm/remote start.
as I think this will take a lot of time to do this the right way but I do not know were to start to find all the wires in the car
is there a wiring diagram some were?
Thanks for all the help
Bill
Bill
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
ooopps
Sorry its a Clifford matrix 1 that is installed
Bill
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
I am not thinking sorry
question am I going to have to get the XKLoader2 to make the Xpres dball2 work on this car??
Bill
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged  

For vehicle wiring, here are some sources :

Here is a link to Bulldog Security :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp
Here is a link to Ready Remote :  http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp
Here is a link to AudioVox :  http://techservices.audiovox.com/AccessRequest.aspx    Sign-up & info is free.

The DB-ALL2 needs 402.NISS01 v1.04 firmware loaded on it for your 2008 Sentra ( regular key ).  I am not sure how

they are shipped from the factory, or if the seller will flash this for you.  So, yes, you will need the XKLoader2 USB
cable to flash the correct firmware on to the DB-ALL2 bypass module if it isn't on there currently.  Here is a link to the
install guide :  http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=9211&productid=553&firmwareid=5372

Soldering is fun!
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you kreg357 for your help with this
I know this car has them keys that have the chips in them
my wife had a plane key cut and it would not start
I ordered the xkloader and the bitwriter today
I took a look at the way the matrix was installed today too
dam cartoys just wrapped the wire in then tapped them up
I think I am going to solder the wires when I do this
just hope there are no problems that will pop up
Bill
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
been looking at the install for this dball2 and from looking at this
CAN HIGH Wire
Color OBDII Pin 6
BCM Pin 22
CAN LOW Wire
Color OBDII Pin 14
BCM Pin 21
this is from the install manual
then if you look at the flash logic site
they say ODB 2 connector
does I matter were to connect this??
Bill
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Need some Advice Please
been doing all the reading about this install that I can.
I got a question
this DBALL2 and this python 5303
the DBALL2 do I hook all the wires up on this IE; door locks, factory alarm, brakes, etc. ?? and just hook up the wires for the DBALL2 for the key bypass?
then hook the rest of the wires to the python 5303 for the doors, factory alarm disable, lights etc.??
or does all the wires from both units need to be hooked up???
Bill
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

It looks like XpressKit has come out with newer firmware / install guide for your 2008 Sentra regular key when using the

DB-ALL2 bypass module.  This guide shows the CAN wire connections at the OBD2 connector instead of at the BCM.
Here is a link :  http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=9283&productid=553&firmwareid=6541
The DB-ALL2 would be flashed with the 402.NISS1HT v3.11

Use the Vehicle Application Guide on Page 2 to see the supported functions for your 2008 Sentra.   This shows what items are

handled by the DB-ALL2 via its' connections to the car ( CAN wires and transponder plug ).  As far as the wiring, the wiring
diagram on Page 3 shows the necessary connections.   If you go D2D between the modules, all the dashed Blue wires are
handled by the D2D harness.  As an example, the door lock and unlock commands from the Viper are sent to the DB-ALL2
thru the D2D harness and the DB-ALL2 forwards the commands to the Sentra thru the CAN bus.  Same for the Parking
Lights and Trunk Release.  Going the other direction, the DB-ALL2 gathers such signals as Brake, Door Triggers, Tach, Trunk
trigger, etc from data on the CAN bus and forwards them to the Viper via the D2D harness.  You can always go with the W2W
mode, leave the D2D harness out and hardwire all those dashed Blue lines between the two modules.

Please note that if your Sentra has the Factory Alarm, you must connect the Vipers Lock and Unlock wires to the BCM and

make a programming change to the DB-ALL2.  These connections and the programming change is not required if your car
does not have the Factory Alarm.

Soldering is fun!
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg357 !!
the car I think came with a factory alarm it has Nissan FOB and there is a red light that flashes in the dash when you lock the doors
looking at the old Clifford matrix 1 alarm installed it looks like I can just cut those wires and solder the new alarm in?
I will at this point hook up the DBALL 2 all the wires that can be hooked up
as for the programming change to the DBALL 2 change it to this 402.NISS1HT v3.11
or if not can this be done with the bitwriter 998t? I got this too just in case
as for the python 533 alarm, remote start, keyless entry
this I will only hook up the door lock and unlock as you said above
factory alarm bypass and all the rest to the DBALL 2
when all the wires are connected and the system is up I can program the python with the bitwriter and then the DBALL 2 then I can connect the D2D cable between the two right??
Bill
kreg357 
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged  

Bill,

This upgrade to the 2008 Sentra is a serious undertaking.  There are several areas that come into play that will need to be
addressed for a satisfactory outcome.

The current Clifford Matrix 1 system must be removed without causing any problems.

You should determine if the Sentra has the Factory Alarm system installed.
You have the XKLoader2 cable, BitWriter, DB-ALL2 and the Python 5303. 

While some of the current Clifford Matrix 1 connections to the car could be re-used by the Python 5303, I would be very

cautious.  You don't know how these connections were made.  If they were properly soldered, then yes, you could cut
the wire at a convenient location and solder on the Pythons corresponding wire.  The safe bet is to use these connections
as an aid in locating certain wires and then making the Python's connections neatly yourself.

While every installer has his own preferences and routine during an install, here is how I would do it ( W2W mode ).

1.  Determine if the Sentra has a Factory Alarm system.  You will need this info during bench prep and vehicle install.
2.  Use the XKLoader2 to flash the latest firmware on to the DB-ALL2.
3.  Follow the DB-ALL2 install guide to make all the necessary W2W connections between the Python and the DB-ALL2 on the
     bench.   Any un-used wires will be neatly trimmed, insulated and secured out of the way, leaving only the necessary wires
     grouped together according to their final destination location in the car.
4.  Use the BitWriter to set / change any Python options necessary.
5.  Carefully remove the Matrix 1 from the car, making notes and taking pictures of the important connections.
6.  Use a Digital Multi Meter to locate and verify the necessary wires that will be used by the Python / DB-ALL2.
7.  Position the Matrtix / DB-ALL2 under the dash, run the wires to their connection point, trim to length and make quality solder
     connections.  Insulate with Scotch Super 33+ tape.
8.  Install the fuses and program the DB-ALL2 to the vehicle.
9.  Perform the Python Tach Learn process.
10.  Test the Python system.
11.  Properly secure the new system modules, wiring harness runs and wiring with tie wraps.
12.  Re-install any vehicle trim / panels removed and test again.

According to the info I have, your Sentra has two Accessory wires.   You will use the thick Pink/White wire from the H3 harness,

programmed as Accessory2, for the Sentra's Accessory2 wire.

Assuming the Sentra has an automatic trans, the DB-ALL2's Clutch connection and the EBrake/Handbrake connection won't be

necessary.

Verify that the Sentra has the Factory installed Hood Pin.  If it does not have one, the DB-ALL2 can't supply that signal and you

must install the Python kit supplied hood pin and connect that directly to the Python.

The Sentra does not have Auto Headlights, so that connection isn't used.

The DB-ALL2 input marked Blue/White (-) GWR goes to the Python's Dark Blue (-) Status Output wire.

Make sure the Python is set for (+) Parking Light output ( internal jumper/fuse ).

The Python thick Violet (+) Start Output goes to the Sentra's Starter wire at the ignition switch harness and to the DB-ALL2,

Violet wire on the Black 10 Pin connector.

As noted, this is assuming W2W mode connections between the Python and the DB-ALL2.  If you choose to go with D2D

and connect the D2D harness, everything changes...

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic