icon

2008 nissan sentra, remote start, python

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
merlins gt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I will admit I am new at this like most people that come here seeking help to save a I would say more then a few bucks
Kreg357 I do not know how much you make for a living but I think it is not enough!!!
your knowledge about this alarm-remote start stuff is vast I think
and thanks for all the help
2008 Nissan Sentra auto trans no keyless trunk just a stock plane sentra it came with keyless entry, I do not know if it has a factory alarm is there any way to find out?? there is a red car symbol that flashes all the time on the dash, factory alarm??
I just did the DBALL2 flash to 402.NISS1HT v3.11
so D2D changes everything?? I would think that would be easier
but will wire it up as you said to! but am still courios
Bill
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

We are all trying to save money with the current economy.   Nissan's aren't the easiest cars to do.  The DB-ALL2 should save a

bunch of vehicle connections and make the install easier.  The products you have selected are very good and from a major,
well respected, manufacturer.  Directed, the parent company, prefers to have their products installed exclusively by their own
dealers.  They won't honor warranty claims or provide technical support to DIYers.  Even their install guides are restricted and
written using industry specific technical terms to hamper DIYers.   If you take your time, locate and test before making quality
soldered connections, everything should be fine.  Plus you will get to know your car better and gain some skills that will be useful
in the future.

To test for a Factory Alarm system, try this :

1.  With engine running & sitting in Sentra.
2.  Turn off engine.
3.  Open drivers door and press the Lock button in door switch panel.
4.  Close drivers door and wait in car for 2 minutes.  ( Watch the dash red car symbol, it might start off blinking fast and then after
     a set time period, start blinking slower when the alarm sets. )
5.  Use the drivers inner door handle to open drivers door.

If horn starts beeping, you have the Factory Alarm.  I am not familiar with the Clifford Matrix 1 system currently installed in the

Sentra, so I don't know all it's functions and how it operates.  I can't find an install guide for it, either.   If it is an alarm system,
it might have a siren or could use the vehicles horn.   It could also do a "Starter Kill" on the vehicle during an alarm condition,
so you should look for that during the Clifford de-install.  Do you have a set of Nissan remotes and a set of Clifford remotes?

I prefer the W2W method.  It is very logical and always works well.  There are a few gray areas when you go D2D.  Things like,

if the car does not have a factory hood pin, can you connect the Python hood pin directly to the Python's input and override /
ignore the D2D signal?   Or, does the DB-ALL2's Handbrake function as the Neutral Safety Switch input, making it necessary to
always set the Handbrake to allow a remote start-up?  Also, depending on the remote start system used, the Tach signal may not
work through the D2D connection as mentioned in Note 1 at the bottom of Page 3 in the DB-ALL2's install guide.   Being as I like
to solder, doing the W2W connections during bench prep, is an enjoyable task.

Soldering is fun!
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
hello,
I think the best way to test for a factory alarm on the Nissan's is to:
1) roll down the window on the drivers door
2) Get out of the car and close the drivers door
3) Lock the doors using the key in the drivers door lock cylinder
4) Wait at least 1 minute
5) Reach in the window and unlock the drivers door from the inside and open the drivers door by using the inside handle.
6) If there is no horn honking then you do not have a Factory alarm. If the horn starts honking then I would say you have a factory alarm.
7) If the horn is honking and it has a factory alarm then you will be able to turn off the factory alarm by putting the key into the drivers door key cylinder and twisting the key to unlock. the horn will stop honking if its a factory alarm.
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg357
I really do not like to bad mouth companies but car toys sold this
Clifford matrix 1 system as it could have remote start added late it what she wanted then well sorry but you need a new system to get remote start but on her sale receipt she had them note the upgrade to remote start! So I do not feel bad about saying this !
Looking at the install the person that did it soldered everything
there is a hood pin installed with the Clifford system.
I took this car back to car toys with the receipt after my wife did
and asked the problem for the upgrade all I was told was that the Clifford unit could not be upgraded so I said well that is what my wife asked for and it is noted on the receipt they stuck to there guns so he I am!
I can figure this out I understand what the wires from the DBALL 2 were the install says for them to go but I can only find an install guide on the net for a avital 5303 I hope it is the same as the python 5303
My youngest son got a job at a Dodge dealer and they are starting him from the ground up to be trained to be a factory dodge mechanic
and he will get extra credits if he learns new skills so he got the same unit to be installed in his jeep!
so now I am in double deep get all info I can then we will get my wifes car done first then the dodge dealer will allow my son to do his install on his jeep at work for the credits
I think they might time him on this
hell I would!!
as for me dam I am an old 53 year old fart that can hardly get up from my knee's ( take car of your body while your young cus old age is going to hit ya with pain if you don't!!!!!! )
I drive truck so when I get home I will check for the factory alarm
then do the bench work ( soldering ) for the pre install with my son might as well use his younger body then mine eh?
Thanks Kreg357 for your help and
Thanks for 12volt.com for this site
   oh kreg357 ??? a 30/40 kreg rebord to a .357 ??
I keep think this of you nick!
Bill
Bill
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2014 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

There should have been a 2 page Quick Install Guide with the 5303 system.  It should give you a connector / wire name and

function list and a option programming chart.  You can compare this to the 5303 install guides found in the Downloads Section.
Current Directed ( Viper / Python / Avital / Clifford ) systems are pretty much standardized.  The remotes are the main variation.
The wire color's, names and functions should be fairly consistent.  ( If your system has a thin Orange wire marked (-) 200mA
Accessory Output, the description for that wire from any Directed manual should apply.)  Also take a look at the newer 5301
install guide with the 18 Pin H2 harness, that might be closest to your Python unit.

Your next step should be to make up a Python harness chart showing where each wire will be connected.  This will be your

"Cheat Sheet".  Post it for forum member review and input.  Next would be to do the bench prep, making all the W2W inter-module
connections and setting programming options, jumpers, etc.

If the Clifford's wires were nicely soldered & insulated, you can re-use them.  Things like door locks and the hood pin.

The newer Jeeps are a breeze to do.  Check in the Pictorials section.  There are several there on various models with various

bypass modules.  All are fairly similar.

Soldering is fun!
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
08 Nissan update
Again thanks Kreg357
I checked for factory alarm test kreg357 way and flobee4's way
no nada nothing happened
Bill
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
yes I have the install page for the python 5303 and the DBALL2
Kreg357   Thanks for your help!!
I think if it is ok since this sentra has no factory alarm
no trunk release hookup, auto trany, no auto headlight,
all I wish to hookup is the alarm system, remote door lock/unlock and
this dam remote start my wife is begging for!
so if I go through the install for this DBALL2 hook up the
hscan high
hscan low to the ODB2 connector
the
clock and data connections from harness 12 and 14 from the DBALL2
The DB-ALL2 input marked Blue/White (-) GWR goes to the Python's Dark Blue (-) Status Output wire.
The Python thick Violet (+) Start Output goes to the Sentra's Starter wire at the ignition switch harness and to the DB-ALL2,
Violet wire on the Black 10 Pin connector
12 volt +
ground wire
then hookup the python 5303 system and use the D2D wire between the two???
or do I connect al the wires from the DBALL2 to the same points needed as the python system connects to
Sorry I have been reading and rereading to the point this dam thing is giving me a headache and it is not making sense no more
Bill
Bill
kreg357 
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
That's good.  The DB-ALL will be able to handle the door locks thru the CAN data, no need for direct connections to the BCM.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
If you want to try D2D, just connect the D2D harness between the Python and the DB-ALL2.   Make the DB-ALL2 connections to the
vehicle you listed.  There is no need for the GRW, +12V, (+) Starter or chassis ground connections to the DB-ALL2, as they are all
handled by the D2D harness ( dashed Blue lines ).  All that is left is the Python to Sentra connections  :
1.  main ignition harness     IGN1, Starter1, ACC1, ACC2 ( Pink/White Flex set to ACC2 )
2.  chassis ground
3.  H1 Red +12V power and three thick RED / xxx from H3
4.  siren
5.  BLACK/ WHITE  (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT
6.  GRAY  (-) HOOD PIN SWITCH INPUT
7.  BROWN  (-) 200 mA HORN      optional
Soldering is fun!
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Again THANKS Kreg357
Super Bowl Sunday and my wife's team lost and I said something like
they should not have gotten this far from the way they played this game and it could be that they sold the game out! now im in the dog house!
you said jeeps are easy my son jeep is a 1999 jeep grand Cherokee
Bill
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic