the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 nissan sentra, remote start, python

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

Newer ones are easy...   Older ones can be a pain.  Gray ignition key or Black ignition key?

Get a good bypass full feature module and do a search on the Parking Lights.  Plenty of info on this.

1999 through 2004 are the same.  I usually do them with an iDatalink bypass module flashed

with the DL CH6 firmware in W2W mode.  Very reliable and pretty easy.

Soldering is fun!
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2014 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
merlins gt wrote:
Again THANKS Kreg357
Super Bowl Sunday and my wife's team lost and I said something like
they should not have gotten this far from the way they played this game and it could be that they sold the game out! now im in the dog house!
you said jeeps are easy my son jeep is a 1999 jeep grand Cherokee
For a full featured interface, there is a discontinued Xpresskit model, I believe XK531 (JDL jeep firmware). You might get that one for very cheap if you can find it.
Only thing to note is that it requires 2 working keys to program the bypass (assuming the Jeep has grey keys).
I've had it in a family Concorde for over 6 years, no problems so far.
merlins gt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2014 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Guy's
we got the same python 5303 and DBALL 2 for my son's 99 jeep grand Cherokee
I figured if we worked together on my wife's Nissan sentra and sense he has never done nothing like this he will know what to look for when they at the dealership were he is getting his training and works he will know what to do!
we flashed his DBALL2 last night and checked all options on it
I think he thinks that his foreman at work will let him do the d2d way on his jeep but talking to Kreg357 here I think I would make him do the w2w way but I might be wrong. He had to take the Python 5303 and DBALL2 in to get it approved for the training course???? they are setting this up under? how ever they work it or call it
I do have one question on this Nissan Sentra sense it has no remote trunk release would it be wired any way for this from the factory??
if wired could it be that if I bought the parts needed if pre wired
it should be no problem to hook up the remote trunk release???
Bill
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg357
I got the DBAL2 installed and the alarm installed, Everything works bur the remote start it will start if you put the key in the ignition
I hooked it up the way you pointed out in the dball-dball2-niss1ht_en_ig_me20140116 !!
I double and triple checked everything I then took this 08 Nissan sentra to the car stereo / alarm installer and he checked it out
then he tried 3 different FLCAN units and they would not start the car
if you put the key in the ignition then the FLCANs would start the car by remote to!! he put the DBALL2 back in and charged me $200 buck
and then said take it to a die dealer
I think I will try to wire it up as in this pdf
dball-dball2-niss01_en_ig_pga20111215a
on the DBALL2 when hooked up all I get is a solid red light
Bill
Bill
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  

Strange problem.  If I followed correctly, the R/S unit will remote start the engine if a working key is inserted ( and not turned )

into the ignition switch.  Everything else works from the R/S unit ( locks, trunk, etc ).  And that happens with a DB-ALL2 with
NISS1HT firmware or a FLCAN with ADS-AL(DL)-NI4 firmware.  The FLCAN is basically the same module that I use ( ADS AL-CA )
and they are extremely reliable.

Did the DB-ALL2 program correctly? 

A few things to check / try :

The problem area is the transponder and the other features work.  CAN connections OK, but concerns with the transponder
connections.  The transponder connections are similar between the two bypass modules at the Sentra's transponder ( NATS )
connector.   Both DEI and iDatalink provide the same wire info :
Immobilizer clock   White 4 pin plug       Pin 2    Red (DATA) Immobilizer   next to ignition switch
Immobilizer data     White 4 pin  plug     Pin 4    Orange (DATA) Immobilizer          next to ignition switch
Verify that you don't have the cut Red Data wire connections from the bypass module reversed.  These connections should be
nicely soldered.   Typically, I join the two "vehicle side" Data wires near the bypass module and then run one wire to the steering
column.  In the case of the DB-ALL2, that would be the Blue 14 Pin Plug Yellow wire with the Red 12 Pin Plug ORANGE / Black wire,
then to the steering column Red wire, on the vehicle side of the cut.  The DB-ALL2 Blue 14 Pin Plug Orange / YELLOW wire goes to
the Key side of the cut Red wire.

I'm not sure, but I think you went D2D.  If so, try switching over to W2W.  It's possible something is bad with the Python and it's not

sending the "GWR / Status Output" signal via D2D properly.  With W2W, the "GWR" signal is hardwired between the two modules,
Python Dark Blue (-) 200mA Status Output to DB-ALL2 Blue/White (-) GWR ( Status ) Input.

Soldering is fun!
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Kreg357
I have the yellow/black stipe pin 10 hooked to the red clock wire at the N.A.T.S.
I got ORANGE / black stripe pin 11 and the yellow pin 8 hooked to the vehicle side of the orange side of the N.A.T.S. wire
I got the orange / YELLOW pin 9 wire hooked to the orange wire key side
I hooked up DB-ALL2 input marked Blue/White (-) GWR goes to the Python's Dark Blue (-) Status Output wire.
and I hooked up the hood pin wire
but if you look at the n.a.t.s connector plug it says pin 2 clock and pin 4 data but if you look at the plug from the pdf install file pic those wires are yellow =data and black as the clock
wiring reference sheet says red is clock and orange is data
Bill
kreg357 
Posted: March 21, 2014 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, my mistake with the Data and Clock wire colors. I swapped the Red & Orange colors in my write-up. Your connections are correct.
All three bypass manufactures seem to agree on the pin location and wire colors ( although Fortins' pin numbering is reversed ). I don't
have any photos of that vehicle.
Are you running in D2D or W2W mode? I don't use DB-ALL's and I'm not sure you can mix-n-match. If you are in D2D mode, using the D2D
harness, then the DB-ALL gets its' power and ground through that, along with the GWR bypass signal. Not sure if you hardwire the GWR
signal at that point. Might be best to switch over completely to W2W mode and see what happens.
Soldering is fun!
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2014 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Kreg357
Thanks for your HELP !!
at this point I am mad I went the way of D2D the wire color for the
data and clock is correct as below
I have the yellow/black stipe pin 10 hooked to the red clock wire at the N.A.T.S.
I got ORANGE / black stripe pin 11 and the yellow pin 8 hooked to the vehicle side of the orange side of the N.A.T.S. wire
I got the orange / YELLOW pin 9 wire hooked to the orange wire key side
as I said I took this Sentra to cave audio in Woodburn Or at this point he charged $200 to fix what ever I messed up? at that point he said it was the DBALL2 and sold me a FLCAN for $90 well that did not work any way he ran out of time and told me if I worked at it again he would give some help but he blamed the flashing for the dball2 to the car at this point so I asked the why did not the flcans work?? I got no answer.
took the car back to him yesterday all I got was hands in the air and he was not a DEI tech and I needed to go to a dei dealer!
went to car toys Salem Oregon man oh man did I get raped there $330 to get it fixed there
1- the installer said D2D is digital and digital does not read tach signals??? is not the car computer system in DIGITAL code??
2- ran 1 wire I did not hook up a tach wire to a fuel injector
3- reflashed the dball2 and again it was the same as I did
4- And this is the whole problem DEI alarms/remote starts are programed by the factory to be in bitwriter mode not in immobilizer mode!
what you need to do is once installed program your alarm by the valet button or bitwriter!
THEN YOU NEED TO SWITCH THE ALARM FROM BITWRITER MODE TO IMMOBILZER BYPASS MODE!!
TO DO THIS YOU NEED TO PULL THE MAIN FUSE FOR THE ALARM AND GROUND
I "THINK" THIS WIRE IS CORRECT IT LOOKED LIKE DARK PURPLE MAYBE YOU CAN FIGURE WHAT WIRE IT IS???
ANYWAY GROUND THAT WIRE THEN PLUG THE FUSE BACK IN THE LED LIGHT FLASHES SOLID FOR ONE MODE AND BLINKS FOR THE OTHER MODE
this is why the flcans did not work nor the dball2
once in immobilizer mode the alarm will see the dball2 and the dball2 will see the dei alarm/remote start! and yes the dam car started
at this point I do not think the need for the injector tach wire was needed but in the end I think this one wire would be best installed on any car going to remote start
Kreg357 does all this make any sense?? can you figure out what wire he said to ground??
Bill   
Bill
kreg357 
Posted: March 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, but it's strange that the DB-ALL2 controlled the door locks through the D2D harness.  I am not a DEI user ( for many reasons ),

but have heard of the problem you mentioned happening with Avital units.  The D2D port is dual purpose, BitWriter or DBI bypass
module communications and sometimes does not switch over automatically.  Here is a link that helps explain what was happening
with your Python unit :  http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=8315

As I said, I always go W2W and never experience any problems, including the issues you had.  Sorry for your troubles ( I think I

even recommended W2W early on in this post ).   I am surprised that those shops charged so much to work on your car.  The first
shop with the FLCAN probably doesn't use DEI products ( maybe Audiovox ) and wasn't familiar with the Python D2D port quirk.  His
FLCAN would have worked in W2W mode but then again so would have your DB-ALL2.

Soldering is fun!
merlins gt 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you are RIGHT Kreg357
You did say to go W2Wbut I was looking at a time saving factor as when I get home from playing truck driver I do not have much of it
to do all the honey do this honey do that then the yard and cant forget my toys!!! and Hobbies!!!
but in the end again you were and are RIGHT is I wen W2W I do not think this raping of my $$$ would have happened!!!
the thing I do not get is that my 06 mustang gt did not have this problem with the python system I put in her it had the flcan unit already installed I went D2D and no problems!!
Then again read and reread and read some more is all I can say and read all of the instructions!!!!
so I blame myself at this point!!!
but my python install sheet says nothing about switching this port
from bitwriter to D2D
THANKS KREG357
Bill
Bill
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic