the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asb2106 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2016 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote asb2106
I've read through all 10 pages, and I couldnt find anything specific..
Is the 451m module required?
I have done a few of these trucks (its been a few years since my last one) and I dont recall hooking up any door lock modules, just wiring directly from the avital to the fuse panel i think!
I wish i left myself better instructions from before. I guess i could also get under my 99 and figure out what i did there.
Just wondering if anyone could confirm that the lock/unlock will work from 4103LX without the need of the 451m.
Thanks!
Tony B
The road to success is always under construction. - Lily Tomlin
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2016 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Most installers get the power door lock wires at the BCM, as shown in the Pictorial and in most common wiring guides found
online. Bulldog Security info shown below :
POWER LOCK      LT. BLUE (+) TYPE A    @ BCM BROWN PLUG, SEE NOTE #3
POWER UNLOCK    WHITE (+) TYPE A       @ BCM BROWN PLUG, SEE NOTE #3
NOTE #3: The BCM is located behind the Drivers Side of the dash, the plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle.
With your selection, the Avital 4103LX, it only outputs a (-) door lock signal. This (-) signal must be converted to a (+)
signal to satisfy the trucks needs. The 451M is a convenient way to to this. On a side note, your memory might be correct
if you were using certain model R/S units produced 10 years ago. Some units had "alternating lock outputs" that were both a
(-) lock and (+) unlock signal ( and visa-versa ) on the same wire. Units with this type of lock output are no longer made.
Soldering is fun!
asb2106 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2016 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote asb2106
indeed! you just triggered a few more memories with that reply. I remember using relays to produce a + trigger!
Phew, i can get those locally too.
cheers, thanks!
Tony B
The road to success is always under construction. - Lily Tomlin
jlogs95 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2017 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jlogs95
Kreg was trying to see if can get help wit a viper 5607v with xk01 bypass i need help with the 10 pin heavy gauge connector wires i have a 2000 gmc sierra
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2017 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
2000 GMC Sierra   with Viper 5706       
Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector
1 NC No Connection      
2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER INPUT             RED (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A    not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT        WHITE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT     RED / White (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)     YELLOW (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS \
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)   YELLOW (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS / cut wire
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT            ORANGE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2     RED (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT      PINK (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Soldering is fun!
rheckbert3 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2017 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheckbert3
Hi Kreg357,
This is Rick that installed the ultra start into my 99 F150 following your tutorial a couple of years ago and it's been great!
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=135434
So least to say I bought a newer truck and I really miss my remote start. I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. I just purchased everything from Amazon including a hood tilt switch for 89$, (tilt switch, avital 4105L, idatalink Bypass, DEI 451 and relay, harness and fuse+holder) I read through the 11 pages here and have been doing some other research; So I think I'm ready to go! :)
But I would like to say thank you for all your great tutorials and how much help you give when someone gets stuck. Because of that I know I will be able to get help if I encounter any issues with this one ;)
Once I get the remote start working I was thinking of purchaseing a directed DSM250 Smart Start modual. Becuase in this tutorial you are using a W2W connection between the bypass and RS I think I can just connect the smart start modual to the RS using the Datalink 4 pin connection (red connector ESP2/D2D). Then run power and ground to the DSM250. Do you think this is correct?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/809886/Directed-Electronics-Dsm200-Series.html?page=3
Just not sure if I want to cough up the dough for the smart start as a monthly subscription.
Thank you!
Rick
rheckbert3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2017 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheckbert3
Also another question in addition to above :)
Is there a way for me to activate the heated seat with the remote start based on temperature outside like I read you did in a 03-06 Yukon? Or maybe a push of an aux button on the RS fob?
kreg357 
Posted: April 07, 2017 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Hi Rick,
The second one is always easier. That price for the parts is very good. Going W2W between the ADS TBSL PL will
leave the 4105s' DBI D2D port open and available for the DSM250 if you decide to add that later. I'm not a DEI
person, but the last I heard, getting the DSM250 SmartStart activated requires a DEI Dealer. That might have
changed recently so I'm not positive about it.
As for the heated seats, in that GEN truck there are no full featured bypass modules that can directly control them.
I can't find any info one the hearted seat control wiring but it might be possible. Perhaps someone with access
to DirectTech info can check and supply it. The 4105 doesn't have AUX outputs per se. It has a Trunk Release
output but that will also unlock the doors. You could use the 2nd Status / Defrost wire with appropriate programming.
The only tips are about wire routing. The metal knee brace has sharp unfinished edges, so be careful when running
wires in that area. You can file the metal plates edges and apply electric tape in critical areas. You can also
sheath the wires like the Ultra Start does with its' ignition wires or use TESA tape or a similar product to wrap
and protect them.
Good luck with the new truck!
Kreg
Soldering is fun!
rheckbert3 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2017 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheckbert3
Hi Kreg,
The 02 2500 starts up with the push of a button! 1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 11 -- posted image. I didn't have any major issues. I did not do the DSM250 smart start. I actually found a way to program the smartstart module yourself but I don't know that I want to pay monthly for the subscription. But at some point down the road I could add it with the D2D wire if I want to. I didn't worry about the heated seats. (going to kick myself in the butt come winter!) 1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 11 -- posted image.
I took care to put wire loom on a lot of harnesses. I also put the loom over the sharp edges of the knee brace where the wires were running past. I couldn't believe how sharp the metal is in up under there.
It took me quite a while but I actually managed to pull a lot of the ignition wires out of their connector to be able to slip heat shrink onto the connection after I soldered every connection. I really like the Avital 4105. Very small and compact. Its a little tricky to program at first trying to count the number of LED flashes until you enable the horn to chirp. But overall its a great little remote start module. The bypass worked great, was simple to install and is very small. The doorlock module made the door locks super easy and I actually really like the mercury hood tilt switch.
The only thing I might change for next time is to prep the bypass and the remote start unit on the bench and cut all the wires to length.
Thank you for all your help as usual!
Ricky
kreg357 
Posted: May 15, 2017 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The 4105 is a solid unit and the remotes are very nice. Glad it went smoothly.
I think Ultra Start is the easiest to program with the remotes and got the BitWriter for the DEI systems because they are more difficult. Next time try a Prestige unit like the APS57E from Audiovox. They are even more compact ( half the size of the 4105 ) and have comparable features. Programming them with the remotes is fairly easy.
Good luck with the new truck!   1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 11 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic