the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2014 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure if you need Domelight Supervision on that vehicle. Usually, if the dome light comes on with an Unlock from the Factory remotes, it will with the aftermarket system. The two wires mentioned in the wire listing are Dome light and Puddle Lamps. If you have the puddle lights and want them to come on too, you can split the R/S's Domelight output with two 1N4001 diodes and connect to both. I don't believe a relay will be needed.
As for the Violet J1850 Data wire at Pin 2 of the OBD2 connector, that would be used by the bypass module. Remember that only some bypass modules use that wire. Other bypass modules connect directly to the Passlock2 wires. All depends on the bypass module you select for this install.
Soldering is fun!
frankp05 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2014 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frankp05
Thanks a bunch kreg357!!! I finished installing everything yesterday and it all works great the only issue i have is the radio won't turn off after I remote shutdown the car. Any input?? I didn't connect the re-arm factory wire to the viper, could that be why?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2014 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Could be a few things.
Does the radio go off if a door is opened?
How long did you give it to turn off? Most newer vehicles will shut everything down automatically in 10 or 15 minutes.
Did you power the ACC2 circuit?   Verify that the external relay is wired correctly and not supplying power all the time.
Might need to add a RAP shutdown with the Viper. This is usually done via the Viper Arm output to a Door Pin. Makes the vehicle think a door was opened. However doing this with an alarm system could confuse the Viper.
Soldering is fun!
frankp05 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2014 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frankp05
Yes the radio turns off when you open a door and I didn't check to see how long it took before it powered off. I didn't power the ACC2 wire but only because it got late on me and I didn't feel like going out to get one but I'll try it. It's only not turning it off if I remote start then remote shut down the vehicle
kreg357 
Posted: May 04, 2014 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Probably needs RAP shutdown if it doesn't happen automatically.
Soldering is fun!
frankp05 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2014 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frankp05
I really appreciate all your help kreg357, but there is one last problem I am having. My dome lights and puddle lights are not turning on when I arm/disarm the Viper the way it does with the factory fob.
wickedhawk89 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2014 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wickedhawk89
I just partly installed an Avital 5303 r/s with a dball2 connected via D2D. I Connected the blue and green (-) unlock/lock from the avital directly to the blue and green dball2. The starter kill and remote lock and unlock work with no issues. im having an issue with the remote start. it cranks but doesnt start.   Do I HAVE to use the hood pin with this setup? also do i have to use the relay setup you did? i actually cut the yellow cable and connected the heavy gauge purple to the starter side and the green to the key side. orange is going to the orange accessory, pink to pink ignition and pink/white to white. I did not use the relay satellite 4-pin connector. do i need to do what you did and install a relay? im not sure what im missing other than the relay and the hood pin switch. 1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 3 -- posted image.
2001 gmc sierra z71
kreg357 
Posted: May 06, 2014 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
This will probably get real confusing with two sessions going on. ( Might be best to start new posts in the regular Car Security and Convenience section and reference this Pictorial. ) Unfortunately, the Pictorial is pretty basic and somewhat generic showing only one specific brand of R/S and bypass module. To cover every brand and model of R/S and R/S w/alarm plus all of the bypass modules would be next to impossible. FrankP05 - Not sure if I understand the question. Dome light does not come on at all with the Vper Unlock or Dome Light comes on with Viper Unlock but isn't the same as a Factory FOB Unlock ( too long/short, no fade, etc )? You could verify the correct wires by testing with a straight chassis ground via jumper wire. Not sure on a Viper its' Dome Light output specs and characteristics. Perhaps a relay is required if driving both Suburban wires. WickerHawk89 - The extra relay ( or lack thereof ) and the Brown ACC2 wire isn't causing your no start issue. It sounds like the Passlock2 bypass portion of the DBALL2 is not correct. While the Pictorial used a Data Style Passlock2 bypass module that only needed a single connection to Pin 2 of the OBD2 plug, your DBALL2 requires a connection to the actual Yellow Passlock2 resistance wire. Verify that the correct two wires from the DBALL2 ( Violet/Green & Violet/Brown ) go to the correct Yellow Passlock2 wire in the truck ( earlier in this Pictorial a way to test the Yellow Passlock2 wire was mentioned ). This wiring is shown in the DBALL2 GM5 Type 4 diagram. All these connections should be well soldered. Did the DBALL2 programming go exactly as detailed, especially Step 5? Did the Viper Tach Learn work OK? Also make sure H3, H5 and H7 are all connected to a suitable +12V constant power source ( the trucks Red and RED / White wires ). No hood pin is required but it really is a great / important safety feature. The Viper kit includes the hood pin switch and firewall pass-through is easily found. If you don't want to drill a hole for the hood pin, you can fabricate a mounting bracket or use a tilt switch mounted to the hood at the hinge. As long as the Viper Hood Pin wire is not grounded, the Viper will try to remote start.
Soldering is fun!
wickedhawk89 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2014 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wickedhawk89
for some reason i cant get the dball2 to learn the passlock 2 .   do you think a permanent passlock over ride would help?    ive done everything, by checking and rechecking the connections. when i go to the program steps in the gm5 type 4 it doesnt flash green like it says. it gos green then goes off. im ready to blow up this install.
2001 gmc sierra z71
frankp05 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frankp05
To not make it any more confusing for you kreg357 this is my last post haha...when I use the factory FOB either to lock or unlock the vehicle the dome lights and puddle lights turn on but they do not do this function when I use the Viper FOB. Which wire from the viper would I need to connect to those circuits and how?
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic