the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zlem 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zlem
Where does the status wire- come off of that goes to pin 85 from the method 1 diagram?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Could be called GWR, Ground When Running, Status Out, 3rd Ignition, etc. Most R/S control units have this bypass module control signal.
Soldering is fun!
zlem 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zlem
Well I tried the bypass and still no luck. Could it be something to do with the tach wire? As soon as I follow the instructions to recognize the tach rate, I turn the key and the truck starts, then shut the truck off and try the remote. The truck fires but doesn't start and then the starter finally times out. When I try to start with the key it won't start either.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
You probably locked out the Passlock 2 system. Does your security light flash or stay on when you crank it with the key?
In order to get out of the Passlock 2 lockout (grab a trickle charger or jump pack) you have to:
1.) Key On/Ignition ON 10 minutes
2.) Key off 3 sec
3.) Key ON/IGnition ON 10 minutes
4.) Key off 3 sec
5.) Key On/Ignition ON 10 mintues (Secuirty light on dash should be off now)
6.) Key off 3 sec
7.) Start vehicle with key
This should allow you to start the truck with your ignition key. If it doesnt than your passlock wiring is wrong and/or the R-code value is incorrect. You can always buy a bypass module to take care of the passlock 2 also. Its a lot easier for a beginner to Passlock 2
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
zlem 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zlem
I went back out and the truck started right up with the key, tried the remote start again and it didn't start like before, then the truck wouldn't start with the key again. I don't see any security lights, would there even be one if it isn't equipped with a security system? When I measured my resistance on my yellow wire I got 678 ohms, so I matched my closest resistor which was 680 ohms. I got the r/s unopened for free and was hoping to learn something without buying a bypass module.
I have my resistor coming off of my ORANGE / black wire to pin 87, yellow wire from bcm to pin 30, yellow from key cylinder to 87a, 86 going to my ignition 1 wire, and 85 going to ignition 3 out of my 12 pin harness.
zlem 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zlem
Where is the best place to buy an iDatalink module for this vehicle?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
zlem wrote:
I went back out and the truck started right up with the key, tried the remote start again and it didn't start like before, then the truck wouldn't start with the key again. I don't see any security lights, would there even be one if it isn't equipped with a security system? When I measured my resistance on my yellow wire I got 678 ohms, so I matched my closest resistor which was 680 ohms. I got the r/s unopened for free and was hoping to learn something without buying a bypass module.
I have my resistor coming off of my ORANGE / black wire to pin 87, yellow wire from bcm to pin 30, yellow from key cylinder to 87a, 86 going to my ignition 1 wire, and 85 going to ignition 3 out of my 12 pin harness.
(+/-) 5% is the norm for resistor match but try to stay at or lower for best results. To allow for any additional resistance the relay and connections might add. As you could be at the max resistance for that tier range. If you measure the resistance of the resistor across the 87 & 30 connections at the vehicle when active it will tell you if you need to go to a lower resistor. Just adding a length of wire can increase the resistance measurement.
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
It is possible that there is no security light. Based on your post previous post your resistor value looks good and your wiring does as well.
One option is that you can eliminate the relay and tie the resistor from ORANGE / black to the BCM side yellow wire. Do the 3 sets of 10 min and the BCM will learn the resistor value (same process when you replace a ignition cylinder in a passlock 2 vehicle).
I do this a lot because passlock 2 systems aren't very reliable as the years go by. The down fall is if something happens to your wiring /resistor then you'll be stranded until you fix the resistor and reset the passlock
Option 2: idatalink bypass (ADS-TB). You can get one at a local shop, bestbuy, eBay, sonixelectronics.com
You don't have to use idatalink either. Just tell a local shop what you are trying to bypass and they can set you up with what you need. If you get a idatalink module, make sure the bypass is flashed with the correct firmware. You can look on idatalinks website and it will give you the wiring diagram for your truck.
zlem 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zlem
What do you do after the bcm recognizes the new resistor value?
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
Solder the resistor from yellow BCM side to ORANGE / black. Learn the R-code to BCM (3 sets of 10min). Start the vehicle with the key like normal & remote start like normal. Passlock 2 will be completely bypassed after its done
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic