the12volt.com spacer
icon

dball2 wont learn keys

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2014 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scam404
Figured it out, stupid diode installed backwards was blocking signal to clutch bypass!
nolig2278 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2015 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
Why do you need a clutch bypass, I thought the DBALL2 takes care of the neutral sensor?
Mazda 6 and MX3
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2015 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote freqsounds
nolig2278 wrote:
Why do you need a clutch bypass, I thought the DBALL2 takes care of the neutral sensor?
It does, but not the clutch safety sensor! ;)
Cars with a MT don't have neutral safety switches. That's why it's such a hazard to install a RS system in them.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2015 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
ok so i have part of my d2d setup [artially working with dball2 and viper but still wont start. the instructions do not show the need to connect any safety wires so what is it that i need to connect regarding this? No diodes are mentioned in the 2011 Mazda configuration from dball2. the doors do lock and unlock from the 2 dball wires to the bcm. it tells me when the trunk is open but it wont open the trunk. no lights on dball at this point.
thanks
Mazda 6 and MX3
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2015 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
I got a replacement dball2 but still not working. When I check voltage from the two can and two key wires there is positive voltage. Key2go never turns green with key after light is red. Older firm ware blinks green with first key then I put 2nd key and it blinks red slowly, and I try ignition to positive but it never shows that it learned the keys.
Mazda 6 and MX3
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2015 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
freqsounds, off the top of my head most manual transmission Nissans and Subies DO have neutral safety switches.
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2015 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote freqsounds
howie ll wrote:
freqsounds, off the top of my head most manual transmission Nissans and Subies DO have neutral safety switches.
I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any here in the States. They're few and far between if they exist. In any event, with a MT, I usually connect the NS wire to ground and leave the brick in MT mode.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2015 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
freqsounds wrote:
howie ll wrote:
I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any here in the States. They're few and far between if they exist. In any event, with a MT, I usually connect the NS wire to ground and leave the brick in MT mode.
Curious, is this relevant to getting the keys registered or just to get the car started ?
Mazda 6 and MX3
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2015 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Nolig, point of knowledge
You've also hijacked a post!
What year and model is your vehicle, DB-ALL varies tremendously over here for Ford/Mazda product.
So that's relevancy for you.
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2015 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
2011 Mazda 6 so very similar setup. Should I start a new thread? I am within hours of paying over $100 to a shop to get this resolved.
Mazda 6 and MX3
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic