icon

2012 hyundai genesis + viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mplex2000 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all, wanted to see if I could get some help.
I have been working on this install this weekend and hit a few snags. I'm not a "pro" but I've done several alarm/remote start installs without any issues, including more complicated ones than this.
#1 The horn honk output is constant. I can't hook it up because the horn comes on when I do. I'm assuming the unit is faulty and needs to go back, which is problematic since the starter wire has been cut for the install.
#2 Sometimes the trunk release will come on, constantly trying to unlatch the trunk. The trunk release function is fine, and I can't figure out why it will sometimes do this, NOT when the trunk release button is used. I have to put the key in, power on the car for it to stop, then I can power off the car, shut the trunk and go. Again, maybe a bad unit?
#3 Using a list from a Hyundai forum for wire locations...I see two + wires in the drivers kick for park lights and one - on the switch harness. I set the fuse on the Viper to - output, used the switch wire, no luck. Lights don't come on. I'm guessing I need to grab a couple of diodes, re-wire the Viper to the + wires in the kick, and then move the fuse in the Viper to + output?
#4 The wire location lists I've found either don't show a passenger door trigger, or they show it to be the same wire as the trunk trigger. Trunk trigger works when trunk is opened, drivers door triggers when it opens, but wiring the passenger door doesn't ever trigger. I was skeptical, but tried anyway, using diodes to wire the Viper door trigger input to the drivers trigger wire and the trunk trigger wire, but still the passenger door doesn't trigger (although the drivers and trunk still do). I didn't see wiring for this car on the12volt, does anybody happen to have an accurate list for this car? 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T, no keysense.
Thanks in advance!
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hey there,
1. Your horn will be constant - it's made that way. The best workaround is to use a relay with the light flash. Or you could buy a flasher and use that.
2. The trunk shouldn't be opening. double check your wiring on this circuit. Meter the wire when it's opening and see if its pulsing or continuous (-).
3. I'm not 100% for sure on the lighting, but if you use the 2 positive wires, make sure to diode isolate each wire. I would try the (+) wires, and if that doesn't work, use relays to power both the (+) and (-).
4. I'm only seeing a (-) orange wire for the door triggers located in the driver's kick in a blue connector, pin 34. Is this the one you're connected to?
Hope this helps!
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
1-- You either must have the wrong wire output or its faulty. The horn output wire should honk when the alarm goes off. What wire did you use?
2-- May be a bad unit. What wire output did you use?
3-- Its best to use the wire coming off the parking light switch(-) You either use both positive parking light wires with didoes or just the negative park light switch. Not both positive and negative at the same time!!!
4-- Passenger door trigger should be GREEN/ black at passenger kick panel.
Also, I am assuming its a regular key. Last note, How are you testing the wires and what guide are you using?
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
mplex2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
That was fast, thanks for the reply :)
1. So the horn honk output is constant on, when the alarm is disarmed also?   Cause that thing is on full force, scared the crap out of me after I finished wiring and plugged it in!
2. I'll double check that!
3. That's what I thought, figured I'd get more input before cutting, re-soldering and all that fun.
4. Yes, it's orange but it only seems to work on the drivers door!
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using H1/3 Brown for the horn?
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
mplex2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
enice-
1. BROWN / Black
2. RED / White
3. Ok, gotcha. But if the lights don't function? I read a little bit about this, and it sounds like some newer cars use some kind of module for the lights, which sounds like you need the parking light isolation wire. Again I'm not a pro so I'm not sure what that wire does.
4. The guides I used were posted on gencoupe.com and on commandocaralarms.com. The GREEN/ black wire listed as the trunk trigger also (same pin position specified). It works for the trunk, but doesn't do anything for the passenger door. For testing that one I just had to connect them.
mplex2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
I can't edit posts so I'l clarify -
1. Not H1/3 brown, I'm using Aux 24p #16, BROWN / black
2. Aux 24p #3, RED / white
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
1--The BROWN / black wire by default will ONLY honk while the alarm goes off and not give constant output while the vehicle is armed or disarmed.. It can be programmed as well to honk when arming the vehicle and disarming the vehicle but that would have to be changed in the settings.
2- RED / white should not output a ground when you hold down the trunk release fuction. (Sounds faulty)
3-- Umm.. just connect the negative output wire (white) to the white wire at the parking light switch. Test it to make sure its correct. Don't complicate things.
4-- The Front door wire is Orange(-)
        The Right Front door wire is GREEN/ black(-) at passenger kick.
Diode isolate both and connect to door trigger input of alarm.
        The trunk wire is also GREEN/ black(-) BUT ITS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GREEN/ black wire. It is not the same as the passenger door trigger. Thats why testing is VERY important. Vehicles can have the multiple wires that share the same color but are not the same.
Good Luck
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
mplex2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I think the unit is faulty. I have that same wire hooked up in my other car with no siren and the horn does the trick. This one grounds all the time on that wire, no good. Trunk release works, but it also works a whole bunch of times when you don't expect it to, also no good :)
I'll have to re-re-check the lights. Never had an issue before, but these aren't coming on. I do get the wires wrong sometimes, color blindness doesn't help, but shouldn't affect me seeing the white wire!
Now that last one, I feel stupid. I didn't notice it's in the passenger kick. Doh!
Thanks for all the input!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic