the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 4206p r/s in 2006 f 150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

Sometimes, with a quick pulse, the DMM will barely jump.  Saw that today while I was testing for the (-) Horn wire.  Had to be careful because Ford includes it in the air bag harness.  Didn't want to make too much noise ( install was at the customers site ), so just tapped the horn.  The DMM just did a slight fluctuation off 0V and this was with a Fluke 77. 

With the door locks, depending on the vehicle and wire, sometimes you can test by using a key in the drivers door lock cylinder.  Think on your F150 it's the driver door lock control buttons.

Soldering is fun!
highflyer2488 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I was hooking up the horn wire too and I saw some yellow wires. Not sure sure if those were related to the air bag or not. Couldn't see a dedicated harness anywhere else. I was a little uneasy.
I think I'll just continue on with the wires that each website calls out in their wiring diagrams. I am getting a slight fluctuation when I hit the respective button. I'll chalk it up to my crappy DMM. Definitely not a fluke by an means...
highflyer2488 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Okay. I'm questioning the door unlock/lock wires. When I place my positive test lead on a constant 12v source and negative on suspect wire I have 12 volts. Without even touching the button for locking or unlocking. I'm confused since I would think ( as well as kreg) that I shouldn't have 12 volts until the respective button is mashed. Any thoughts? I've dug through that harness and can't find any other wires that are the colors called out.
Also, my parking lights aren't flashing. I'm connecting the white wire from H1/6 to the brown wire at the headlight switch. No flash. Is there any thing else I need to connect for the built in relay to work?
Thanks.
highflyer2488 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
highflyer2488 wrote:
I'm connecting the white wire from H1/6 to the brown wire at the headlight switch.
Edit: the white wire from the main harness that has 6 pins. So that would be H1/5.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  

With the Parking Lights, check the internal fuse/jumper inside the Python.  They sometimes come lose during shipping.  It should be in the (+) output position.

Try using the factory remotes, the passenger door switches or a key in the door to trigger the Lock or Unlock pulses.

Soldering is fun!
highflyer2488 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks!
You were spot on with the fuse. Parking lights work now :)
I tried all of your tricks with the door locks. However, I think before I even get to that there is a bigger issue with the wires having ~12v when I hook up the DMM. If I have the correct wires, these should be be 0 volts when I probe, and jump to 12 when I hit a button. This is not the case.
I'm at a loss. I guess I'll go back to digging through the harness for some other wires.
kreg357 
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
Think there were several with the Pink / YELLOW and Pink/Lt Green color combo in that harness.  You might check the BCM and see
the actual color and gauge of the wires you are looking for in the door sill.  Worst case scenario, you extend the Pythons' wires
and make the connections at the BCM.
Soldering is fun!
highflyer2488 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a
highflyer2488 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
(Continued, not sure what happened there)
...plan. I'll keep digging. Thanks for your replies as always.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic