Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2014 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
OK thanks for all your help today
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2014 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
The only remaining issue now is I can still not get the priority locks to work. Currently I have it hooked to a relay as follows
87-12v
85-12v
86- (-) unlock output from alarm
For 30 and 87a I snipped the unlock motor wire blue/green at the bcm plug the side leading into the bcm is connected to 87a and the side leading towards the door is connected to 30.
Any help is appreciated. The second portion of the priority locks works fine, just the drivers door is having the issue.
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Any ideas? I've checked the 12v leads there giving power into the relay. The blue/green wire when not attached to relay stops the driver door unlock so I know it's the correct wire.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
When you say it doesn't work what happens when you try to unlock the doors ? I don't have the manual for that system do you need to program second stage unlock ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing happens alarm disarms and that's all. I also just went ahead and tested the unlock output of trigger from the the brain and it drops from 12 to 7 so I'm guessing that's all a - 200ma output drops.
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
How are you testing the wire ?
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
All the wires I tested with a dmm. As far as the alarm trigger I connected the red lead to 12v and black to the unlock output of alarm. Had constant 12v when I hit unlock on remote went to 7ish and back up to 12v.
chev104275 
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
From that test sounds like the unlock output isn't working correctly.   With the red on 12v and the black on the suspect wire you shouldn't have any voltage until you press unlock on the remote then it should pulse 12 then go back to 0v.
With the unlock wire disconnected from your relay if you take a fused jumper wire and touch pin 86 on your relay to ground does the drivers door unlock ?
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2014 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
I removed the alarm unlock trigger from the relay and hit the post with 12v and nothing happens. The relay doesn't even click. I switched relays and reconnected everything to try the same test. Still nothing.
chev104275 
Posted: March 08, 2014 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Not 12v trigger it using ground
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic