icon

shaved doors and viper entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flickery 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2014 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
I am wanting to open my door with my remote from a viper 5704 on a GTM Super car wired with painless wiring system and door solenoid poppers. There are no locks, the door just opens when the button is pushed.
The door solenoid wiring is this: http://files.thehoffmangroup.com/instructions/PPP35K_KL800v2.pdf
and I am using autoloc billet button 19mm sw42 with the relay to open the door from inside the car, see here http://files.thehoffmangroup.com/instructions/BilletButtons_NEW.pdf
can I (and should I) wire the H2/5 wire "trunk release output" from the viper security unit to use the remote to pop open the door by simulating pushing the button from the interior? If yes, where do I wire that H2/5 into? The relay? And which pin? My electrical helper that helped me wire this has gone AWOL.
Thanks
gerald
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
If its wired using a momentary button grounding pin 85 of the relay then you can tap into pin 85 with the trunk release wire from the viper. No additional relays needed
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Wire the trunk release H2/5 into the blue/white on the lower relay.
You should use a diode in line before the join, 1N4004, band towards 5704.
Remember you have to hold the trunk release button 11/2 seconds before it works.
Test before boxing up.
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2014 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know if your door popper is the only way to open the door while inside but if it is I would add a mechanical linkage just in case. I'd hate to see you stuck inside with no way to get out should a fuse blow or the solenoid/wiring fail.
If you are doing the other door I would put separate fuses on each door to where is one fails and blows a fuse at least the other might work to allow entry.
Jim
1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
And adding to what Jim noted. If the vehicle has internal releases for the hood and/or trunk for battery access, an external override? I've seen mechanical ones. One could make a jumper-type post...think machine screw bolted in place through a grommet. This would be connected to the solenoid, jumper cables to frame and post would electrically activate the solenoid.
flickery 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2014 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
"If its wired using a momentary button grounding pin 85 of the relay then you can tap into pin 85 with the trunk release wire from the viper."
I believe that is correct. I had added an override from the exterior (battery is always going dead due to my gremlins I wired in somewhere), but maybe one on the inside is a good idea to.
Thanks
gerald

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic