icon

temp controlled remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
Of course unless the dog is physically separated from the front but forget my attempts at a joke itsyuk I'm with you on dogs in car for more than a few minutes and we don't have your climate extremes.
Test before boxing up.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
I looked at the 556t schematic. I figured out a 3 relay array that could be triggered by the 556t 1 second output to interrupt the brake switch shutdown, only when the RS is commanded on by the 556t. The array would deactivate the brake bypass when a door is opened. Thus the dog couldn't shut off the RS by hitting the brake, but the car would be protected by restoring the brake shutdown by opening a door and canceling the bypass. (Not sure this is needed. Who in their right mind would open the door of a vehicle containing a "working dog"?)
I just rough-sketched this out. It will work with either (+) or (-) dome lights or door trigger. The brake bypass uses the NC contacts of its relay, so the fail mode of the array would leave the RS brake shutdown intact.
If you can find a 556t, and are interested, I'll draw it out legibly and post it.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
sure but what if he pops the hood? what about that....HUH?
LOL
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
I did have a Dane who could open the freezer and my Shepherd always tried to get to the phone first, come to think of it my Shepherd thought his name ended with "get in the back".
Test before boxing up.
dcreyop 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
davep. if you could do that it would be great.  Thanks!
Dcreyop
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2014 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
dcreyop wrote:
davep. if you could do that it would be great.  Thanks!
The 556t has been discontinued. I did not find one for sale during a 5 minute search of the most likely places to find one...
Here's a description. Hopefully you can make a sketch, and figure out how it works from this:
Relay 1. (latched when activated)
85 - 87 of relay 1, and 85 of relay 2. And blue/wht of 556t, diode isolate, band towards 556t.
86 - 87a of relay 3
87 - 85 of relay 1
30 - Gnd
Relay 2 (brake shutdown interrupt)
85 - 85 of relay 1
86 - B+ (hot at all times)
Cut the RS brake shutdown wire in two. (DEI, this wire is brown)
87a - One side of brake shut down wire from brake switch
30 - Other side of brake shut down wire from brake switch
Relay 3 (Dome light cancel)
85 - (-)neg trigger input (from (-) trigger dome lights)
86 - B+ (hot at all times) (for (-) trigger dome lights)
87a - 86 of relay 1
30 - B+ (hot at all times)
For (+)positive trigger domelights (Fords)
85 - Gnd
86 - (+)pos trigger input
There is one caveat with this array. After the first 556t activation, 2 relays will stay energized indefinitely until a door is opened. If the 556t is activated, it does its 6 starts, then times out and you don't open a door for a couple of days, you will have a dead battery.
For (-) neg trigger dome lights, you could connect the Factory Alarm Rearm output from the RS to 85 of relay 3 (diode isolate, band towards RS, and a diode in wire to dome light, band towards dome light) to shut off the array each time. For (+)pos trigger dome lights you have to add a 4th relay for the FAR to cancel the array.
Kind of complicated. Be sure to find your 556t first. And give yer dog a cookie for me. Cheers.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2014 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
i have several new 556T units.
35 bucks gets one shipped anywhere in the US.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic