the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

5704 issues with remote start f350 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2014 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
It can be frustrating.  Ford's are finicky.  It's nice to have the luxury of spare bypass modules.  Recently I've enjoyed using iDatalink's KLON process with some Ford's that the owner only had one key.  Quick and painless.  5704 issues with remote start f350 diesel - Page 6 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
Most definetly agree. Not having spare bypass to see what is happening
I might go for the fortin evo all and get its link updater too
Or the idatalinks you have mentioned
Or im considering the new ones with cards.
Having said that I probably should have got an excalibur 1950 or 2050 and used the card system.
I called Dei and the lady said we don't do suppport for viper. I was like wth. Just a joke.
Returning this cheap pkall bypass is actually going to be more of a pain in the ass than anything else. Just can't stand bad service
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
But im stuck wirh the viper 5704 so I will just get q generic module thwt works. . Tha alarm stores here carry evo all and dball. But I need something consumer friendly and evo all might be it
DenKat
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  

The Viper 5704 is a good system.  The PKALL should work as a bypass to the Ford PATS3 immobilizer system.  While it is a very remote possibility, the Ford PATS3 immobilizer system has a limit on the number of transponder chips that can be programmed to the system.   It is either 8 or 10.  When you reach that limit, you can no longer add any more keys ( or a typical bypass module ).  If you just had the dealer add another key for $140, they should have mentioned if you were at or near the limit so this is probably not the case.

The Fortin EVO-ALL is a nice module, albeit slightly over-kill for your application.  Vehicle programming is more involved than a basic PATS3 bypass module, like the ADS TBSL KO.  Having the Fortin FlashLink USB programming cable is a nice $65 luxury but not necessary if you get the module flashed with the recommended firmware and have two working, non-clone keys.  Having the FlashLink cable will allow bypass to vehicle programming using only one key and their DCryptor process.  If you plan on more R/S installs, the FlashLink cable could be a wise investment.

Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
does this ADS TBSL KO come preprogrammed or I have to ask them to do it. And you are right. The reviews on the 5704 are quite good. I just need to bypass the PATS
DenKat
kreg357 
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. The ADS TBSL KO is in the Solo series and should come already flashed. You will have to go W2W between the Viper and the bypass module as the ADS TBSL KO does not come flashed for Vipers ( DBI ) D2D comm protocol. Just run the three dashed lines in the install diagram.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Never had an 04 or DB-ALL go wrong when it's correctly flashed and programmed.
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2014 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I'm still not giving up. Some other people are programming Fords with it.
So 1 thing I'm thinking is the 2 keys I have need to be erased maybe? I heard it worked for someone
Kreg you also mentioned going the hard wire way
On the site and instructions.
http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=null&year=2008&make=Ford&model=F350&ps=1&s=0&c=0
If you click on install guide, it says cut off entire plug. And connect Blue to 12V and Black to ground. What about the white and red and other wires on the 6 pin plug
I'm assuming the white and red continue between alarm and pkall, but what what of 6 pin plug. is it same?
Thanks
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2014 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
I was told by directed that my pkall since light is still is not flashing in the beginning of installation, it has not been programmed at all. That's why I'm not giving up on it. I'll confirm with Ford about if those are the last keys
DenKat
kreg357 
Posted: May 03, 2014 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged  
Going W2W with the PKALL is pretty straight forward. The 6 Pin plug and its' four wire connections remain the same. You will cut the
4 Pin D2D harness and make two connections, one to constant +12V DC power and the other to Chassis Ground. As previously mentioned,
the wire colors inside the D2D harness can vary. If your harness is the same a the illustration, great. If not, go by the pin location. I
typically make these connections to the R/S's power and ground wires.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic