icon

5704 issues with remote start f350 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ponchantos3 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmm. I'll double check. I respect your experience. But as far as I remember. The 4 pin black plug going into the transponder. And you are right I do remember seeing some other wires very similar going into the steering wheel.
I'll check and keep you posted tomorrow morning
DenKat
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  

Assuming that you are following the programming steps shown in the PKALL installation guide and everything is

responding correctly through Step 7, try doing Step 8b for a manual transmission.  This sometimes works for me.

Timing is critical throughout this process.  Steps 1 - 3 prepare the PKALL for programming.  Steps 4 - 7 set-up the Ford

PATS system to accept another transponder key.  If you had purchased a blank transponder key & had it cut for your
ignition switch cylinder, Step 8 would be insert new key and turn it to ON.  The Security Light should come on for three
seconds and go off, indicating successful programming.

As far as another bypass module, all of them are pretty much similar in programming ( with the exception of some that

do a clone process using only one Factory key ).  My favorite is the Directed 1100F bypass module.  They are OEM'd by
ADS iDatalink for Directed, very reliable and can usually be found for under $20.  The ADS TBSL KO is another good
module and it will indicate reversed RX / TX wires during programming.

Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
apparently it says when the light stays on in the beginning of the process it hasn't been programmed. It has a software number 4. something and hardaware number of 2. something.
And it also said if light stays on at end. Start again.
The crazy thing here in canada, I just can't go buy a bypass module some where. everything is impossible to get, no offence to anyone. It's frustrating.
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
You know what's funny Kreg. After step 7 on the actual manual that came with the module. It says hold programming button till light flashes 10 times and then remote start
But on the link from website, after step 7 you go to 8b like you said and then it flashes on it own. Wow. I missed that. I'm going to try that now. I assumed that the programming in my manual was identical to the one on the website for the 2008 F350. WOw. I'll let you know shortly
DenKat
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Think HW Ver 2 and Firmware Ver 4.09 is current.
Yes, follow the newer install guide and see if that helps.
Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Kreg.
So I followed the new install guide and no. also switched my tx and rx with the same process.
if you look at the newer guide online it seems that step 2 and 3 are reversed cause the led does not come on till you insert 4 pin connector 1 as they call it. I`m completely stumped now
Total confusion. I posted something online here to see if people with transponders on F350 were having similar issue with PKall. Most people seem to be doing pkall with other cars but not an F350. I wonder if it really works for that truck
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I should go with your previous advice and go with the bypass modules you suggested.
DenKat
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Any luck on seeing a different pair of wires, same color?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

The only other thing I can think of ( besides Mr. Smoke's suggestion about the transponder connector / wires ) is that you are going with the D2D cable between the PKALL and the Viper.  I would cut the harness and just connect the Blue* to +12V and the Black to Chassis Ground as shown in the W2W diagram.   Probably won't change anything but it will eliminate any possible issues.  I always cut that harness and hardwire the power and ground.

* The wire colors on the 4 Pin harness can vary, go by connector pin position.  Thanks, Mr. Smoke!  5704 issues with remote start f350 diesel - Page 5 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2014 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
I check smokeman. Just like Kreg was saying the 4 pin black harness that's connected to the transponder is the one I fed off of. This is all strange
DenKat
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic