icon

2001 tacoma, keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
3prongpaul 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I took the easy way out.   I hooked up 8 wires from Avital.
With this setup pressing remote Unlock will unlock both doors and flash park lights and turn on dome light. Pressing lock will lock both doors and flash park lights. The hardest part was hooking up the wire for Tail lights, I ended up unbolting the fusebox and lowering to get to the appropriate connector. If you don't care about flashing the lights you can omit H1/10 white wire and have easier installation (but trouble finding your truck in a dark parking lot!)
I didn't hook up any dome light wires from the Avital, the Tacoma turns on the dome light automatically when the doors unlock.
Wires used;
Avital 2101        Tacoma 2001
H1/1 Red   -->       12V+ HOT all the time use yellow inline tap near ignition switch big WHITE wire
H1/5 GREEN/ Black --> LOCK 22 pin connector on front of Fusebox GRAY wire (red vampire tap)
H1/7 Violet/Black--> Ground (combined with H1/9)
H1/8 Blue/Black --> UNLOCK 22 pin connector on front of Fusebox PURPLE wire (red vampire tap)
H1/9 Violet --> Ground (combined with H1/7)
H1/10 White --> TAILLIGHT 12 pin connector BACKSIDE of Fusebox GREEN WIRE (red vampire tap)
H1/11 Black --> Ground (crimp in same ring terminal as H1/7&9 and secure to good ground)
H1/15 Yellow   -->     IGN ON use blue inline tap near ignition switch BLACK/ RED wire
I also changed the default programming using valet button so doors would NOT LOCK after ignition on for 3 seconds.
2001 tacoma, keyless entry - Page 2 -- posted image.
taillight connection rear of fusebox green wire on 12 pin connector.
Ground wires via ring terminal on top of existing ground left of fusebox
Lock and unlock connections front of fusebox
Inline taps to 12V+ and IGN ON near ignition key (note, the Red wire tapped to the BLACK/ red wire with light blue tap should be yellow H1/15)
Overall I'm happy with the functionality of this system. Thanks to the other posters for the guidance.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Now replace those taps with soldered joints and the install stands a chance of lasting.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic