icon

dei remote start won't function 90 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2014 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
Sorta sounds like your starter signal (or ignition) is back feeding into the brake wire when the clutch is not being pressed. Would not shock me on a honda.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
iasithol 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2014 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, by "bypass the clutch" does that mean check that the Neutral Safety Switch Input is correct or somehow disable it?
How can I test for, and stop the ignition from feeding back into the brake light?
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2014 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Missing the point there. How are you bypassing the clutch itself. The issue I describe is a result of improper clutch operation.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2014 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Read my reply red isolating the brake wire.
iasithol 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2014 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ok howie, I read this:
“need an aux timed 10 seconds linked to remote start triggering a relay to open that circuit, i.e. isolate it from the brake feed back to the R/S.”
Sorry, but I’m a novice, so I’m interpreting this to mean,
Program Menu 2-10, Channel 2 to link the Aux button to activate a relay which activates the remote circuit?   And somehow use Bitwriter to set a 10 sec instead of 30 sec delay?   And I‘m delaying one of the ignition circuits?
Racerjames76,
I bypassed the clutch by pushing the clutch pedal in and everything worked. So it’s possible the Neutral Safety Switch is not connected or reading properly?
Feel like I’m making progress but still pretty confused.   
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 642
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2014 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Move the RS's large purple and green wires from where ever they are now to the starter-side of the clutch switch. Cut the wire. Purple towards the starter side, Green towards the switch side.
Test carefully. Make DAMN sure its in Manual mode. Or it can be cranked with the RS while left in gear. Not cool. Too much risk.
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2014 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
iasithol wrote:
,snipped>
Racerjames76,
I bypassed the clutch by pushing the clutch pedal in and everything worked. So it’s possible the Neutral Safety Switch is not connected or reading properly?
Feel like I’m making progress but still pretty confused.   
What I am getting at is that it sounds as if you are not interfacing the remote start to the clutch bypass correctly. If it works with you pressing the clutch manually and does not work without you pressing it then the issue is that you need to perform electrically what is happening when you depress the clutch pedal during remote start. I think that is what howie is getting at as well.
Testing a remote start in automatic mode eliminates the saftey process of manual mode but allows you to determine the exact cause of any issue much easier. Obviously once the issue has been resolved you would put it BACK INTO MANUAL MODE. No one is suggesting leaving it in automatic mode for any purpose other than testing and finding the original poster's issue.
I have heard that the clutch switch may have a timing issue on honda's as well. If you haven't already please describe how you interfaced the remote start to electrically interface with the clutch switch in the car.
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
After re-reading this thread I realized that the clutch is your main issue. Solve that and the rest of the issues will go away.
You have to duplicate electrically what the clutch is doing when you start the car yourself.
Unfortunately I do not have any wiring info for you. Look at the clutch pedal and there should be a switch mounted to it similar to the brake switch.
Are the wires large or small gauge? Are there more than 2 wires?
Simplest way is to measure if they just short together when the clutch is pressed. Use a voltmeter and measure what each wire does and then post back if you need further help.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2014 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
So many words and all so complicated a read.
Move your remote start starter output wire from the ignition to the wire on the clutch switch that goes to the starter.
I think that's as clear and concise as one can make it on as few words as possible.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Can I give a like to catback's post? dei remote start won't function 90 accord - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic