icon

dei remote start won't function 90 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iasithol 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2014 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
You guys are all over this. Thanks for the help!
I had to dig into my instructions to find out how I wired this. Did it a year ago, alarm worked fine, knew the Remote Start didn’t work but buttoned it all up till I had time to deal with it.
How I did it: The install manual says the BLACK/ White Neutral safety switch input “should be connected to the emergency brake wire. It must rest at ground.” This doesn’t really make sense to me as it seems like this is the input that senses the clutch is engaged, or should be. But I probably wired it to the emergency brake wire, as per the instructions. If this is incorrect, this would also explain why I’m getting the 5 running light flashes on termination indicating the brake wire is active.
Regarding catback’s very clear, concise instructions:
Move your remote start starter output wire from the ignition to the wire on the clutch switch that goes to the starter.
My manual has:
Blue Remote Start Status (-) 200mA output,
Pink Remote Start ignition1 (-) 200mA output,
Violet Remote Start starter (-) 200mA output wires.
Catback wants the Violet on the clutch sensor switch, correct?
I didn’t wire any of these because manual said they drive “optional relays.” Instructions for the Violet say “This wire works like the starter wire and can be used (with a relay) to drive any additional starter circuits in the vehicle.”
Violet goes to the clutch wire? Do I need a relay?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
No it isn't the BLACK/ white has to see or be at ground (-) /NEG to enable the R/S When the parking brake is pulled up, a microswitch at the base sees ground. Connect to the wire coming from that microswitch. Nothing to do with the state of the clutch.
Now you wrote this:-
Blue Remote Start Status (-) 200mA output,
Pink Remote Start ignition 1 (-) 200mA output,
Violet Remote Start starter (-) 200mA output wires.
Not at all, these are low current NEG out puts.
He means your H3 violet heavy gauge going to the wire on the clutch switch that shows 12V+, ONLY on turning the starter with the clutch depressed.
iasithol 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, here’s my H3 harness. So I tap the clutch sensor wire into H3/4, the starter side of the starter wire?
    H3/1 Pink (+) Ignition 1 input/output – “connect to ignition wire. Supplies voltage for ignition line and is ignition feed for security system.”
    H3/2 RED / White (+) –30a fused ignition 2/flex relay, pin 87, input. “polarity feed for ignition 2/flex relay”
    H3/3 Orange – Accessory output. “powers the climate control system.”
    H3/4 Violet – Starter output. “Hooks up to starter side of starter wire in car. Also Pin 30 of the onboard starter kill relay.”
    H3/5 Green – Starter input. “Cut starter wire and connect to the end going to ignition switch. Pin 87a of the starter kill relay”
    H3/6 Red – 30 amp fused Ignition 1 relay input. “Polarity feed for Ignition 1 relay.”
    H3/7 Pink /white –Ignition 2 flex relay output. “Ignition 2 or 2nd accessory or 2nd starter.”
    H3/8 Pink/black – 87a of Ignition 2 / flex relay. “used when an ignition switch isolation is necessary.”
    H3/9 RED / black – 30amp fused accessory /starter relay input. “polarity feed to the accessory and starter relays.”       
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic