icon

viper 5906v+idatalink ads alca 8thg civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mannydelrosario 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2014 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
I need help. I am trying to install a Viper 5906v alarm/remote start to my 2010 Civic myself. The iDatalink ADS-ALCA was flashed by AutoToys.com.
viper 5906v+idatalink ads alca 8thg civic -- posted image.
I want to go W2W. I have done wiring the ADS to the 5906v.
The problem is I don't know how to wire the 5906v to the car. Especially the 10-pin heavy gauge connector wires.
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2014 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Did they flash the DBI or ADS version of firmware on the ADS AL-CA bypass module? If it's the DBA AL(DL) HA2, you should be
using Install Guide #15376.
Hopefully it's the DBI version. If it is the DBI flavor. With it and the correct D2D harness you won't have to make all the dashed line
interconnections between the Viper and the iDatalink bypass module. Make sure you have the D2D harness that has a Red 4 Pin
connector on one end. If it's the ADS version, you will have to go W2W and make all the necessary module interconnections. That
shouldn't be an issue if you have a soldering station, too.
Notes :'
1. The iDatalink install chart does not show the necessary H3 ignition wire connections from the Viper to the Civic's ignition switch
harness or the +12V power and ground connections.
2. The Hood Status will only be available if you have the Factory Hood Pin.
3. The Viper Trunk Release will not work while the engine running / remote started.
Bench prep the modules first, prior to install. It will save time and look neater :
Soldering is fun!
mannydelrosario 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2014 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
DBA AL(DL) HA2. I have all the wires and harness. Can I still go W2W? They say it's more reliable.
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2014 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, you definitely can go W2W.   viper 5906v+idatalink ads alca 8thg civic -- posted image.   ( Still my preferred method, as it always works. )  Just set the ADS AL-CA to Standard Mode ( two blinks ) during module Installation Mode set-up ( top of Page 10 ).  Then make hard-wire connections for all necessary signals between the Viper and ADS AL-CA.

Did they notate which version of DBI AL(DL) HA2 is flashed on the module?  I think Ver 1.3 is the current version.  Do you have a 4 Door, Automatic Civic?  If so, you should be using Install Guide #15376 and the Type 3 diagram.

Might be a good idea to make-up and post a wire connection listing.  There are many wires that go from the Viper directly to the Civic that are not shown on the bypass module diagram.

Soldering is fun!
mannydelrosario 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2014 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry for the late reply. Autotoys did not reply about the firmware information. Yes, it's a 4-door automatic.
Is this the right Install guide?
uploads/dba_aldl_ha2.jpg
Most of my wiring between ADS-ALCA and 5906v are shrink wrapped and sleeved. I might dismantle it tomorrow so that I can take pictures.
My main problem is this...
Viper 5906v 10-pin heavy gauge connector/wire
I don't even know if I should even wire this to my car. According to the Viper guide, I should. But in the ADS bypass module Install Guide it's not even there.
Lastly, Light Flash Polarity is - or +. What is Light Flash?
Thanks
mannydelrosario 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2014 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
Is this the right Install guide?
kreg357 
Posted: July 05, 2014 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, that is the correct ADS AL-CA install guide.

Yes, you will need to connect the H3 thick wires to the Civic.  They are not shown with the iDatalink bypass module

install diagram.  I don't have a pin-out of the 5906 H3 connector so hopefully it is the same as the 5904 shown below.

Viper 5904V H3      2010 Honda Civic ignition switch harness

H3/1 NC No Connection      Not Used
H3/2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER INPUT               White (50A) (+)  @ ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 3
H3/3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A      Not Used
H3/4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT             Red  +  ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 5   ***
H3/5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT         White (50A) (+)  @ ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 3
H3/6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)       Yellow (+) @ ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 1
H3/7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE) Yellow (+) @ ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 1
H3/8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT Orange (+) @ ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 4
H3/9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY        White (50A) (+)  @ ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 3
H3/10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT           Blue (+) @ ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 6

*** Program the Viper Menu 3, Item 8 to Option 2 for the needed ACC2 output on the H3/4 Pink/White wire.

The Viper will flash the Civic's Parking Lights to confirm commands and in alarm conditions.  Your Viper Jumper/Fuse

is in the correct position for (-) Parking Light output.  You will connect the Vipers WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT wire
to this wire in the Civic :   Gray (-)  @ headlight switch, BLACK/ white 12 pin plug, pin 11

As mentioned previously, you should make up a wiring chart ( like the H3 one above ) and post it for member review /

comment.  Nice work on the bypass to Viper W2W connections.  No need to rip it apart for photo's.

Soldering is fun!
mannydelrosario 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2014 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
2010 Civic alarm and remote start wiring guide.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2014 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
K, yes only difference from 5904 to 5906, black 2 way remote and no wall outlet charger, just a USB to mini USB.
Probably need to ground the H2 black white as well, on the DB-ALL2 Honda flash it isn't recognised at least not on Euro cars.
mannydelrosario 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2014 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
I took all my wiring apart. I saw your H2 wiring chart on a different thread and is totally different from what I wired. Can you kindly post wiring chart for H1 and H2?
Thanks
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic