the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 ion no remote start after gm recall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
83trekker wrote:
I did do that and same, but I found that before turning the car off foot on the brake and hold the start button for 2.5 secs which I think I the tach learn and it stays in reservation mode all the time then. at least it works.
Lady at work has a Ion same thing recall doesn't work, went to where she had it installed and they said 300 bucks to fix, went some where else and they said they wont touch it cause they didn't install it. So I reprogrammed her bypass and it works perfect now and hers is a automatic. She was very happy and took me 5 minutes to do. At least I have learned something here thanks to all of you guys!
Does it successfully learn the tach? Does the parking lights flash and/or siren chirp? If so how many times?
83trekker 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2014 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
Its clicks once, and that's it and then you take the key out and it stays in reservation mode.
83trekker 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
OK so this has been working now for a while, BUT now when it goes into reservation mode the engine wont crank it just sits there locks the doors and the lights stay on and thats it, any ideas?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2014 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
I'm confused, the engine is supposed to be already running when entering reservation mode so why would we want it to crank and grind the starter?
83trekker 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2014 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
catback wrote:
I'm confused, the engine is supposed to be already running when entering reservation mode so why would we want it to crank and grind the starter?
No, it goes into reservation mode, get out car shuts down doors lock all good, then when I try to remote the car the lights turn on, doors relock, fuel pump primes, but it will not crank and it just sits there with the lights on but that's it.
I relearned tach again, and redid the bypass. Everything seems to be fine besides the no start
83trekker 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2014 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
Anybody have any ideas? I talked to a shop but they don't intsall they won't touch it but they will sell me a new one! Gonna be minus 20 next week help!
83trekker 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2016 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
OK so its been a while since i started this thread and the car starter has been working fine. But now its doing the same thing.
So i relearned the programming procedure and everything works again, goes into reservation mode no problem.
BUT if you dont set the reservation mode properly everytime(such as you have your foot on the brake when you turn the key off) it looses it and wont go back into reservation mode again,even after restarting the car and setting the rerservation mode properly, unless i relearn the whole programing procedure again and then it works perfect as long as you set it properly everytime.
Its driving me crazy can anybody shed some light on this??
83trekker 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2016 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
Also i checked every connection made on this and all wires are still soldered fine and no broken wires or loose connections.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2016 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Have you had the ADS-DL-GM4 Firmware checked to make sure it the most current version 3.9 released on June 19.2013
Older versions were:
Version 3.8 | Revision Date: 2012-11-16 00:00:00
Version 3.7 | Revision Date: 2012-10-19 00:00:00
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2016 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Also when you set reservation mode does opening the door cancel the reservation mode. If not then the door trigger isn't hooked up or wired correctly, The vehicle door triggers may be functioning improperly, which means no reset.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic