icon

autopage c3 rs730 relay clicking in brain

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
plexlove 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Just installed the autopage rs730 remote start and alarm/keyless entry in my 04 avalanche...used an xpresskit xk09 bypass.
Install was an absolute nightmare...NONE of the directions were clear at all....wiring diagrams for my vehicle were not correct either. So after spending 3 full days probing wires with my dmm i finally got it installed.
Remote start works perfect...locks work perfect...lights work perfect...only one issue and i have been searching for close to 5hrs and cant find one simular problem.
When i use remote start it fires up...after about 5sec of running i hear a single click in the brain of the remote start, then about 2sec later it bwgins continuously clicking about every 2 sec.
Sounds like a slow turn signal.
Idk what the heck it could be...sounds like a built in relay trying to switch something on or off over and over.
It does not do it if i just ise the key to start it.
I have no acc or options hooked up yet..(windows, heater, etc)
Except the i did hook up the acc wire for thw heater it says bu i believe there is anoher acc needing hooked up.
So any ideas on what could cause this sound?
Oh, and also...my xk09 does slow flash running which diagnistics said meant gwr was on....idk what that means nor how to fix...i unhooked it and truck starts then dies...so please any help with the rwlay clicking sound would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
GWR = Ground While Running. While the remote start has the engine running there is ground on this wire.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Did you check if the parking light output is set to flashing in the programming options?
plexlove 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
GWR = Ground While Running. While the remote start has the engine running there is ground on this wire.
Yes i know what gwr means....its connected at remote start and bypass module. Its acting like its not working correctly but doesnt make sense since it starts and runs fine but if i unhook it it wont run.
plexlove 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ween wrote:
Did you check if the parking light output is set to flashing in the programming options?
Ive programmed everything already...and i there isnt even an option for ANYTHING to flash WHILE driving/running.
Thats why i dont understand what it could be. Its def the sound of a relay clicking on and off over and over....only thing i can think is one of the acc or aux wires is trying to run. But that doesnt make sense either since i havnt activated any on my fob.
Could it be the second acc wire?
Its not hooked up because the wiring diagram i got didnt show it but i read on other forums that the avy has 2 acc wires and both need to be hooked up or tranny damge will occur. It said i need a relay to run the second one but idk how to wire it.
Could not having that hooked up cause an internal relay in the remote start brain to switch?
vane0804 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
did you hook up the parking lights wire? If so, is it working, if so, are your lights flashing with the remote starter activated?
~It's me!
vane0804 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
you need to hook up both ACC1, AND ACC2 wires AND IGN1 AND IGN 2 wires
~It's me!
vane0804 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hook up heavy guage wires to ignition1, ignition2 and accessory1. use 20pin connector, pin 11 Blue/Black Accessory 2 Control Output wire. have that go to negative side of relay, and have relay switch power to brown wire at your truck
~It's me!
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, was looking at the RS730 install manual in downloads section on the site here, pages 19-20 Showed this: REMOTE START FEATURE PROGRAM MODE. START FEATURE “D” PROGRAMMING: third down was parking light upon remote start, constant or flashing. Does the Avalanche have Auto position on the headlamp switch which would activate exterior lighting when running. The parking lights would already be on, relay in RS730 activating but doing nothing. Haven't seen the need for the ACC 2 (brown) to be powered on the '03-'07 GM fullsize truck chassis.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
The relay clicking is your parking light flash while remote started relay . Did you hook up the parking lights. The second Accessory is not needed on the GM trucks, just the second ignition to avoid tranny problems. These trucks are one of the absolute most straight forward installs and are one of the easiest. I only install Autopage and have done well over 100 of them. Everytime I get someone with an 03-06 GM truck I do whatever I can to get the job since they are so easy.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic