the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 chevy express van, wanting to add keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gonutro 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gonutro
I would like to add keyless entry to the van, it's got power door locks but no rf transmitters. I was highly involved in this kind of stuff back in the 90's so figured, i'll just add a cheap keyless entry. Can't be too hard right?? We'll I had never heard of CANBUS before now. I see lots of keyless systems that specify central locks only, but none that say safe to use for CANBUS. Am i over complicating things? Any insight would be great. Thx in advance!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Probably making it harder than it is.  Get yourself a Viper 211HV or Avital 2101L Keyless entry system ( >$40 ) .  There is an install

guide in the Downloads Section.  Your van has low current (-) door lock wires at the BCM.  Here is the info :
Power Lock Pink/Black (-)      @ driver kick or BCM under pass dash, gray plug, pin 12  
Power Unlock         ORANGE / Black (-) (all doors)         @ driver kick or BCM under pass dash, gray plug, pin 11
Power Unlock         Yellow (driver door only) (-)         @ driver kick or BCM under pass dash, gray plug, pin 6

Parking Lights-     lt. blue (-)   @ headlight switch or BCM under pass dash, white plug, pin 8

Horn Trigger          tan (-)   @ horn switch or BCM under pass dash, brown plug, pin 18
Ignition     pink (+)   @ ignition switch or BCM under pass dash, green plug, pin 14
12volts     RED / white (x4) (10A each)   (+)   @ BCM under passenger dash, black plug, pins 1, 2, 3, 4
  ( might need to go directly to battery )
Trunk/Hatch Release       yellow (unlock rear cargo door only)  (+)  @ BCM under passenger dash, gray plug, pin 2 
  ( need a relay to convert H1/18 RED / WHITE (-) OUTPUT OF CHANNEL 2 to + )

Soldering is fun!
gonutro 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gonutro
Thanks for the quick response! Hopefully I'll get some free time soon to install one of those items you recommended.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2015 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Bnluis
or for a lttle extra more cash, you could istall a compustar kit
FT-GM10-DC with an rfkit , 10 minut istall all plug and play , no splicing, no cutting T harness included...... 2 wire to connect to car if you want light and horn honk, but other then done is cake, BTW that kit will also give you remotes start as well 2014 chevy express van, wanting to add keyless -- posted image.
but as kreg357 said 40 dollar keyless entry is just as good
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2015 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Chris Luongo
I agree with kreg and bnluis both.
If you've installed before, it might be nice to spend the extra cash and labor and have a remote starter in there.
If you're going to do just keyless, here's how I'd do it:
The passenger-side underdash comes off with just two 10mm bolts and a few clips. The BCM is right behind there.
I still haven't figured out the right way to unclip the BCM from where it is, to be honest. The clips always seem to break on me. So try to be patient and get the clips to come out the right way.
So anyway....now you should have the BCM hanging there by its wires. There's plenty of slack to work with.
Configure your keyless system for negative door lock outputs, negative parking light output.
There's one plug in the BCM with a few constant wires, and there's a black ground wire right next to it.
The other plugs have your ignition wire, door locks.....and parking lights. However, I use the negative hazards wire---the turn signals are brighter than the parking lights, so it looks nicer and you can see the flashes even in daylight.
Alternately, you could pop off the driver's kick panel for the doorlock wires, get constant and ground at the OBDII, and lay down on your back and you could even hook up the hazards and ignition from the steering column without taking the dash down.
NOTE: I'm pretty sure the OBDII port is fused with the cigarette lighter. If the lighter fuse gets blown somehow, your keyless won't work until the fuse is replaced.
gonutro 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2015 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gonutro
So, finally got around to trying this thing. Just wanted to make sure i have this right(can't believe i haven't figured this out), Which of these wires should i be connecting to each of the above mentioned van wires:
H1/5 GREEN/ BLACK LOCK #30 COMMON OUTPUT  
H1/6 WHITE/ BLACK LOCK #87a NORMALLY CLOSED
H1/7 VIOLET/BLACK LOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)
H1/8 BLUE/BLACK UNLOCK #30 COMMON (OUTPUT)
H1/9 VIOLET UNLOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)
Thanks for the help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2015 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

H1/5 GREEN/ BLACK LOCK #30 COMMON OUTPUT       Pink/Black (-)    @ driver kick or BCM under pass dash, gray plug, pin 12 

H1/6 WHITE/ BLACK LOCK #87a NORMALLY CLOSED            Not Used
H1/7 VIOLET/BLACK LOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)   Chassis Ground
H1/8 BLUE/BLACK UNLOCK #30 COMMON (OUTPUT) ORANGE / Black (-) (all doors)  @ driver kick or BCM under pass dash, gray plug, pin 11
H1/9 VIOLET UNLOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT) Chassis Ground
H1/17 BROWN / BLACK UNLOCK #87A NORMALLY CLOSED  Not Used

Soldering is fun!
gonutro 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2015 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gonutro
kreg357 wrote:

H1/5 GREEN/ BLACK LOCK #30 COMMON OUTPUT Pink/Black (-)    @ driver kick or BCM under pass dash, gray plug, pin 12 

H1/6 WHITE/ BLACK LOCK #87a NORMALLY CLOSED            Not Used
H1/7 VIOLET/BLACK LOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)   Chassis Ground
H1/8 BLUE/BLACK UNLOCK #30 COMMON (OUTPUT)  ORANGE / Black (-) (all doors)  @ driver kick or BCM under pass dash, gray plug, pin 11
H1/9 VIOLET UNLOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)  Chassis Ground
H1/17 BROWN / BLACK UNLOCK #87A NORMALLY CLOSED  Not Used

Thank you much!!!
gonutro 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2015 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gonutro
Finally got around to doing this install. Really simple, thanks for the help fellas.
jap1975 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2016 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jap1975
How to wire director 5 wire actuator my car have mechanical link to 5 wire actuator. I want to add autocop keyless entry.
Hi doing myself will bring great happiness and satisfaction even at the cost of time.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic