icon

Firstech CM7200, Issues with Reservation Mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wjrumphjr 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
I have a manual transmission 2004 Pontiac GTO that I am installing a Firstech CM7200 remote starter on with compustar remotes. I got the system pretty much finished, just waiting on a spare key to be made to use with the bypass module I have ready to use with it, it is not currently connected or plugged in at all). Everything works as advertised with the system for the most part. Doors lock and unlock, trunk releases, lights flash as they should, etc, the only issue I am running into right now is when I'm testing the reservation mode (yes I know it will not START without the module setup) the car stays running once the e-brake is set and I remove pressure from the brake pedel with the car in neutral and key removed. However, once I exit the car and close the door the car continues to run (the system is set to shut the car off immediately once all doors are closed not for 10 secs after, even so it still runs way pass 10 sec after). I have checked and double checked my door triggers, they are functioning properly and are (-) polarity and so is the input for the door zone trigger of the remote start system. Being that I have to use a "key in the box" style bypass setup, could this be the reason the car is still running after I exit and close the door. Being that the door triggers are working I'm assuming the only other thing it could be is that it is some sort of key sense issue. I was thinking that with the key physically in the ignition and removing it that it would recognize that, but being that the bypass is needed, could it be that the system is never recognizing a key in the first place or the removal of the key since it is not by way of the bypass?
GoatGotYourTongue?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
the system only shuts once it sees a door open/close.
1) did you leave the green loop intact?
2) is a tach connection done/programmed
3) once the last door is closed, press lock on your remote and see if it shutsdown.
btw after setting reservation, you are turning the ignition off right?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
wjrumphjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
The green loop has been left connected, I have done the tach learning sequences and got confirmation flashes (I connected an injector). If I press the lock or the normal autostart button on my 4 button 2-way remote, yes the car does then shutoff. I am taking the key completely out of the ignition after I have turned it off. I've been trying it a few times today and now I've notice it will shut off approximately 2 -3 secs after I initially open the door to get out instead of closing the door. IF I don't open any doors and just sit in the car with the key removed it will continue to run until I key a button on the remote or cancel reservation mode or open the door. Could this possibly mean the polarity or the door trigger input on the module is incorrect?
GoatGotYourTongue?
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
With the compustar 7200 brain in a manual vehicle, you need to have a das sensor connected. If you bought the 7000-as (blue box) it should have come with it. If you purchased the 7000-s (orangish box) it does not include this sensor. If you do not have that sensor it will not work properly. I have verified this on multiple cars.
Advanced
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
dasbogie wrote:
With the compustar 7200 brain in a manual vehicle, you need to have a das sensor connected. If you bought the 7000-as (blue box) it should have come with it. If you purchased the 7000-s (orangish box) it does not include this sensor. If you do not have that sensor it will not work properly. I have verified this on multiple cars.
Correct you need the FT-DAS for manual transmission, but it wont affect the car from shutting down. During start activation you get the Err-09 (DAS) if its not connected.
if the reservation mode sets successfully when you lock, its most likely due to you tapping into the dome light wire. the dome light wire shuts off when the vehicle locks.
You can verify by sitting inside the vehicle. - btw i have always done option 1-06 F03 or F04 only.
Be sure to buy the FT-DAS
Ted
Compustar Expert
wjrumphjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Rights have already purchased the FT-DAS as well and my thinking was like yours that it should not affect the reservation mode operation. Idk, it's really weird. The lst two times I tried just a few minutes ago the car did not shut off when I opened the door or closed it like it was a the few times before. It's almost like its flip flopping between them. I will check into the light thing. The only connection for light however are the parking lights. The module comes with a two parking light connections. One in the main high current ignition harness (CN1 and its +, I HAD it connected to the parking light connection on the fuse block right under the driver dash but it is currently disconnected so maybe somehow that's affecting. The parking light flash as they should in conjunction with all remote features as is with this line disconnected but I will connect it back and try momentarily) and then a (-) output connection on the CN5 connector which I have spliced directly into the parking light switch.
GoatGotYourTongue?
wjrumphjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, now it's back to not shutting off at all unless I hit lock and I sat inside the car and noticed my dome light did not even come on when I removed the key from the ignition will attempting reservation mode nor does it come on when shutting th car down normally. Only when opening the door does the light come on.
GoatGotYourTongue?
tedmond 
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
ok so what's happening is the door trigger input is actually onnected your domelight wire, instead of the door pins. Dome light comes on when you open the door, turns off during lock (vehicle function). the second the dome light shuts off reservation mode is complete
Unlock your car with the compustar, then do a status inquiry on your remote (button 4) if it shows doors are open do the following:
3-03 F02
It no door is open: 1-06 F01
Ted
Compustar Expert
wjrumphjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
After looking over the wiring diagram you are definitely right. The driver door trigger is also the dome light supervision. However you said do 1-06 F1, but that is supposed to be the default setting so shouldn't it be doing that anyway. I mean I will try to reset it to make sure that is selected anyway just to make sure.
GoatGotYourTongue?
wjrumphjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Btw I didn't get a door open error just a reservation off error when doing the system status.
GoatGotYourTongue?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic