the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 highlander locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
Have to do a 07 Highlander...Everything looks straight forward except the locks...doesnt look like any can bus so I am assuming the relay diode method??? Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Tech Tip 1070 ( relay and diodes ) or XK01 with TOYDL firmware ( 2004 through 2007 are the same ).
Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
did one last week for my uncles neighbour.
Locks are easily found at the passenger side kick panel-saves you from going into the door. Bench prep a relay and wire it to the brain as you need to break the detection wire.
4 wires will be brought to the passenger kick 1/2 - relay 87a/30, 3-disarm, 4-arm
Or you can pull wires through the driver door, but thats not a fun job.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ziggyb222 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
So just do the 1070 tip and extend those wires over to the passenger kick....Thanks again
jce10 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2015 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jce10
The1070 tech tip and passenger kick panel are two different methods. If one is done, the other isn't needed. The only good thing about the passenger side method is easy access and you don't need diodes...but (this is a quote from aNother forum after I researched my install) "I've never been successful with the other method in the passenger kick panel. It works but doesn't really deactivate the factory alarm so every once in a while your factory alarm goes off and you can't shut it off from the aftermarket alarm." I did the 1070 method and it worked like a charm.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2015 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
jce10 wrote:
The only good thing about the passenger side method is easy access and you don't need diodes
Well that may just be your problem. The wire on the passenger side DOES require a diode. Also, The 1071 is the exact same method. just one is either wired in the driver door or passenger kick.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jce10 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2015 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jce10
You're right. The above only pertains to my make and model. Sorry for the confusion.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2015 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Chris Luongo
Here's how I do it without relays. You'll need two diodes if you have no factory alarm, and four diodes if you do have an alarm:
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/archive/index.php?t-11564.html
ziggyb222 
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
Did a 07 Highlander yesterday...Having trouble getting the unlock to work. Was using the diode method...can you explain the 1070 or 1071 method for me?? Thanks!!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic