the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Corolla Japanese Made.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No D2D works perfectly well with a DB-ALL 2
cherxiong 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Howie II.
The only ground wire I haven't used was the one from the 24 pin connector.
Listing as:
13 BLACK/ WHITE*** (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY /PARKING BRAKE INPUT
cherxiong 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
*** Ground this wire for automatic transmission vehicles or connect to the parking
brake wire for manual transmission vehicles (see owners guide for manual
transmission procedure).
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
And that's your answer right there.
That's why I wanted you to follow my check list. I find quite often using DB-ALL2 that some things you have to hardwire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
BTW, Smokeman and myself mentioned the BLACK/ white at least three times.
And BTW Corollas are made in Japan, China, India, the US, S.America and Turkey which makes Corollas for the Middle East and the similar "Auris" for Western Europe.
And they are all the same!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
cherxiong wrote:
*** Ground this wire for automatic transmission vehicles or connect to the parking
brake wire for manual transmission vehicles (see owners guide for manual
transmission procedure).
you have to ground this wire. If you read back a few pages your 8 start error was due to your neutral safety. Myself, and 3 others pointed it out.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
cherxiong 
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Okay, I will ground that tonight and let you guys know.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Now do you see why I wanted you to do a check/test list?
cherxiong 
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Ted,
I know. But it doesn't show in the diagram. The one showed in the diagram, which is the Black Wire from the 6 pin connector and has been grounded.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Let me refer you back to page 7 of this opus.
Q) Now i have the diagnostic as 8 flash :the neutral safety shutdown. I have the neutral safety switch on the on position as of right now. Any suggestion?
And my answer:-
BLACK/ white on the H2 plug should be grounded.
Page of 19

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic