the12volt.com spacer
icon

Relay for remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
24 pin connector H2, pin 21 violet yellow to 85.
Join to H3 pink to 86
I've explained 87 to you and once again, 30 to the second starter wire.
733_tac_2nd._starter.bmp
D27_tacoma_wiring.bmp
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Now read this.
http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm
1st_handler 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1st_handler
It's okay if you are having a bad day. Everyone does, but I really want to learn. Learning is exciting. Doing things yourself make you proud of yourself more and feel like you are a knowledgeable person.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Well start by reading the link in my last post your understanding at the moment is far to basic to install it.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
1st_handler wrote:
It's okay if you are having a bad day. Everyone does, but I really want to learn. Learning is exciting. Doing things yourself make you proud of yourself more and feel like you are a knowledgeable person.
Well said.
The problem I find is that many want to be taught rather than learn.
1st_handler 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1st_handler
On the picture, I don't see any Pin 30
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I give up your turn Oldie.
30 is the ISO number for + wire, you obviously haven't looked at that relay link.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
My turn? Nah - I'm probably about to leave an establishment for similar reasons... there's a point where teaching is no longer the answer; other means of tuition or hazard prevention are required.
In this thread I feel there's more than enough info whether here or in webland pics & info and the lack of understanding at this point means damage or hazard is unusually likely.
And looking at nonliableness I'll append my previous reply - there is an abundance of learning info on the web. I feel I repeat enough without repeating such basics.
[ In particular being after my reply here I felt like adding maybe it's because I'm inquisitive else self taught that I come up with novel solutions or point out the fallacies in existing beliefs -- tho money is a big spinner for the latter... But more than ever I feel there is little practical benefit to teaching at a low level. (Whereas I have lots of low level things I need to do....) ]
1st_handler 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2015 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1st_handler
Okay, I understand about the relay. So where do I put the external relay in vehicle. Is there a place in the fuse box for the relay or just hang it some where under the dash board.
1st_handler 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2015 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1st_handler
For a remote starter. I know now that I probably need a relay for the second starter, but if you have two ignitions do you need a relay for the second ignition as well?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic