the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706V 2010 Camaro MTS issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spadz93 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
Hey all, first post on the forum, read a lot of other places pointing me here, so hopefully I can find an answer.
Got a 2010 Camaro SS in stick, the 5706V viper system, and the FLCAN. Flashed the FLCAN with the appropriate firmware, and set it up for data mode to save me the dozen soldering connects. Below are the links to the wiring diagrams I used. Keep in mind the car has a PK3 immobilizer system.
Now, the the problem is that the car will not remote start, or even let me initialize the sequence for remote starting. I can put my foot on the brake, rip the e-brake, let go of foot brake, but when I hit the remote start button on the fob, I get "remote start error". I got 7 flashes when I tried the startup diagnostics. Keyless entry/security/everything else work fine, it sees my door, hood, and trunk status (i flipped the normally closed/open to verify incoming signal). Neutral safety switch is on. FLCAN was successfully programmed to my key.
Now, for the wiring diagram. I used type2 in the link below, and used the data cable, so all the dotted lines *should* be communicating through data.
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-GM7/FLC-AL(DL)-GM7-EN_20150402.pdf
On the remote start harnesses, here are the connects I made
Main 6-pin:
RED 12V constant>>>Battery
BLK Ground>>>Frame
BRN>>>Siren hot
WHT>>>Parking light at BCM
WHT/BRN & ORG not used
Aux Harness 24pin
BLK/YLW Dome light out (-)>>>Relay harness to connect to (+) BCM Lead
BRN/BLK Horn>>>Horn output on BCM
VLT/YLW (-) Starter Output>>>Clutch with 180ohm resistance (couldnt find 180, got a 150 and 3x 10ohm resistors in series)
ALL other wires were not used as FLCAN handled them through data as per the above diagram
Remote Start Harness 10-pin Heavy Gauge
ORG Accessory output (+)>>>BCM
PNK Ignition input/output (+)>>>BCM
ALL other connections not used (I think this harness is where my problem lies, as the starter lines were not used, explained below).
The FLCAN's Passlock line is connected to my vehicles starter/accessory wire, as they are a multiplex. I had assumed to just follow the diagram. I checked a vehicle-specific bulldog wiring diagram and it said the 2 starter lines were not used on the camaro, so I didnt. If I am to use them, I'm not sure how to connect, since depending on the resistance, it sends a different command to the BCM.
If anyone sees anything wrong here, please let me know. This was my first remote install on such a platform, and would like to know what I missed.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sit in the vehicle, press down on clutch and try the remote start.
If it works, do the following:-
The violet / YELLOW going to the clutch via a 180R, relay that wire.
The wire once it goes through that resistance once have enough current to ground the clutch switch.
Violet / YELLOW 85
12V+, ign or constant 1 amp fused to 86
Good ground to 87
Clutch switch via 180R to 30
Diode 1N4004 across relay coil, band to 86.
spadz93 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
howie ll wrote:
Sit in the vehicle, press down on clutch and try the remote start.
If it works, do the following:-
The violet / YELLOW going to the clutch via a 180R, relay that wire.
The wire once it goes through that resistance once have enough current to ground the clutch switch.
Violet / YELLOW 85
12V+, ign or constant 1 amp fused to 86
Good ground to 87
Clutch switch via 180R to 30
Diode 1N4004 across relay coil, band to 86.
No-go, still doesn't start or initiate
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK since I live in the UK and haven't ever seen one apart from Hawaii 5-0 I'm about to download the "hardwire" instructions to this site look for 2010 Camaro in about 5 minutes, Downloads/Manuals section.
Also no familiarity with FLCAN, I'm used to DB-ALL so maybe a US person can post.
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icearrow6
7 flashes is : "MTS error: MTS mode not enabled"
CHeck the "neutral safety switch on the alarm is on the "on" position.
Check the Auxilary harness (24pin connector)
1. pin 13 Balck/White is grounded.
2. door trigger is hardwired
3. make sure The tachometer has been learned.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I didn't mention that because the vehicle's a manual and that's the default so if the 5706 was new....
Mind you follow what Icearrow6 says.
Pin 13 or H2 connector should either be grounded or go to the parking brake switch.
icearrow6 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icearrow6
Also, since you mentioned this is your first time on this platform i have to ask.
Do you know the pre-procedure to enable manual transmission remote start?
Where you have the car running,
step on the brake,
set ebrake,
set safety switch,
turn key off (car remains on),
exit vehicle,
hit "lock" on remote and car shutdowns and now ready for remote start.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Safety switch = start button on remote.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Of course in manual mode it won't R/S unless you go through that procedure, as an installer I forget these things and set them up initially as an auto to test.
icearrow6 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2015 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icearrow6
howie ll wrote:
Of course in manual mode it won't R/S unless you go through that procedure, as an installer I forget these things and set them up initially as an auto to test.
Yeah, it happens. I also check with Auto trans set, its just a habit, but i think the clutch override might still need to be done.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic