the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706V 2010 Camaro MTS issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
That's what was bothering me. You could use factory disarm on H2 to achieve the same but I was also worried about triggering the alarm.
spadz93 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
So pulsing the door trigger would be no dice?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No.
spadz93 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
howie ll wrote:
No.
So it would work? Just trying to clarify before I go back into the wiring.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You can't cut the radio ACC, there isn't one.
spadz93 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
howie ll wrote:
You can't cut the radio ACC, there isn't one.
I thought we were talking about using the factory alarm re-arm on the viper to pulse the door trigger wire, thus shutting down RAP?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I had another idea.
Take it back to the people who installed it.
I've no idea what FL-CAN is but DB-ALL has provision for RAP shutdown.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
How long does the radio stay on? The RAP usually shuts down after 10 minuets or so.
Maybe manually shut the radio off before doing MTS mode.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 5:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Turn the radio off? Doh.
spadz93 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2015 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
I can turn off the source on the pioneer radio that I have, but it's a bit of a process that I don't want to go through every time I turn off the car, and then have to re-do every time I get in. The FLCAN's install manual says that it has RAP Shutdown Control for my model, but I simply can't find it inside of the configurator online. I will try calling Flashlogic's support line on Monday and will make due with this, unless I can find a way to disable RAP entirely, which, truthfully I wouldn't mind. If i wanted my accessories on, I would leave the key in ACC.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic