the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

cheapest bypass solutions for trailblazer /focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2015 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 7808
i ordered 2 cheap remote starts, figured they are so cheap i was interested to see which works better/has more range instead of just ordered 2 of the same. i ordered a compustar cs800-s and avital 4113LX both around $45 on amazon. the avital seems to be a rebranded everything else dei.
for the focus i keep seeing these cheap $10 bypasses on ebay directed 555s , i was thinking about just cutting open a chip key and installing the chip or whatever in the ignition somewhere close to the cylinder. because its a 2000 ford focus so who cares.
will the 555s work for the focus? will it work for any remote start or just directed brands? i have not decided which i will install in what vehicle.
the other is a 2004 trailblazer ls. i guess it has passlock2. also why im asking, does either unit have a cheaper bypass for one or the other cars antitheft system? and will a dei bypass work for a compustar remote starter? ive spent hours looking up bypasses.. mostly because i was at work and im cheap. or i should say these cars are beaters.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2015 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

The 555sw is probably the least expensive  bypass for the Focus.  However, you must have 2 working, unique ( not clone ) keys to program it.  They have been discontinued for some time.  The 555sw will work with either R/S system.  Follow the instructions closely concerning the pill placement, Very important for reliable operation ( especially in cold weather ).

Cheapest way in the TB is with a $.05 resistor.  That would be a permanent bypass ( not recommended ).  Add a couple of relays for a proper bypass during R/S.  Here is a link to the relay wiring diagram :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=250

Soldering is fun!
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2015 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 7808
thanks for the picture. will this cause the security light to stay on?
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2015 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 7808
on second thought, both my factory keyless remotes have crap range. if i was going to buy one bypass for each remote start and a programmer which is best? the more i look into it the nicer it sounds to do minimal wiring into the car
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2015 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 7808
sorry for multiple posts, i cannot edit my posts. will the idatalink al-ca do all functions in both my 2000 ford focus and 2004 trailblazer? trailblazer looks like a yes from the idatalink site, but its unclear for the focus
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2015 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
How many keys do you have for the focus, you didn't say. Use the 555S if you have two.
Use a gmdlbp for the trailblazer, it'll do it all, and should be real cheap.
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 7808
i actually have 2 for the focus. the trailblazer i dont think it matters, nothing special about the key it self
i was comparing the xpresskits and idatalink. figuring i could move them to my next set of "beaters"

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic