the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5906v on a 2000 Cadillac Deville

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ttimms20 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2015 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
I'm a 1st time installer and I'm installing a Viper 5906 on my 2000 Deville. For the most part I understand by I'm not sure what bypass module I need, i.e. xk01, xk09, dball2 and how to flash it to my vehicle. I'm also adding a motion sensor and not sure where and how it plugs in. Any suggestions will help thanks.
We Ride
dairyboy3 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dairyboy3
I would use the dball2. But you can use an xk09 but the dball is newer. Either way you will need a DEI account to flash the module on the computer. If you don't have one you will have to find a shop or someone who does.
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2015 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
On the viper 5904, the RED, RED / WHITE, RED / BLACK on the Ignition harness hooks up to what on the vehicle...
We Ride
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Do i need a relay on my trunk release and any of my ignition wires on this car. Ignition wires are small gauge. I also have 3 orange wires coming out of my ignition harness as well, anyone with a more detailed diagram of what the wires are.
We Ride
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Viper 5906v on a 2000 Cadillac Deville -- posted image.
We Ride
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Ok tested all wires and I'm getting:
White- on in acc, on/run, start/crank
Yellow- on in start/crank
Brown- on in acc, on/run
Pink- on in on/run, start crank
Orange1- on in all positions
Orange2- on in on/run
Orange3- on in all potions
BLACK/ white- nothing
Green- nothing
So off all this I know my
Orange1 and Orange3- Bat1 and Bat2
Yellow- start
Pink- Ignition 1
Brown- acc 2
The Orange2 is saying it's the Acc on the tech sheet bit acting more like the Ign2
The White wire is saying it's Ign2 on the tech sheet but acting more like a Acc wire.
We Ride
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=2960&product=Remote%20Start&make=Cadillac&model=DeVille#
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I would suggest going to the battery for your +12vdc connections.
Those 2 orange wires you tested that are on in all Positions, share a common 15amp fuse that powers numerous things.
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
That site did it all thanks, make it much more smoother. Thanks major help.
The 5906v comes with a defogger aux wire, will I need a relay to make that function d/t it being latched. If so what amp relay...
The 508d pro sensor calls for a Warnaway wire, am I correct in jumping this from the green shock sensor wire.
We Ride
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
I don't care about having or using the factory alarm so do I really need to hook up the oem factory arm and oem factory disarm wire from the viper alarm. Will it affect anything by not hooking them up.
We Ride
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic