the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5906v on a 2000 Cadillac Deville

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
The connection for your defogger wire Is in the rear fuse box.
Its (-)White. Connector C3? Make sure to test. I don't know if you can pick it up at the front anywhere.
I don't know about your alarm question. If you press the lock button with the door open, than close the door, I believe it will arm it. So, unless the factory alarm shuts off when the remote start activates, when you open the door, or even use the unlock button on your viper, it may set it off. I guess it you never lock the door with it open, you would be ok.
If you can get to it, you may as well connect it.
ttimms20 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
I found the white wire at the fuse box and it shows +12v when the defroster is off and no power when it's on. Any idea how to wire it up.
We Ride
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
So, using your dmm, red probe on the white wire and the black probe on ground, shows +12 when defrost is off and 0 when its on? That means it's a switched ground.
You should be able to connect whatever wire you want to use (2nd status,aux whatever,) directly to it.
It's small, like 20gauge right?
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
So just tap right in with a -200mA is what your saying, and no relay
We Ride
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Looks that way to me.   Circuit 193
Viper 5906v on a 2000 Cadillac Deville - Page 2 -- posted image.
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Whoa you thru me, I'm lost
We Ride
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Sorry. Just showing you what's going on.
Yes. Just connect the -200ma wire directly.
If you're using the 2nd status/Defog wire, make sure to change the programming, otherwise your Defog will be on every time you remote start.
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Cool now a issue question my accessories in the the car during remote start was working at first now there is no power during remote start on that wire from the brain. Any ideas......
We Ride
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Which wire?
You have two ignitions and two accessories. How did you connect them?
Where are all your fused Red wires connected to?
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Orange accessory 1
Brown accessory 2
We Ride
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic