the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 CRV with Viper 5103 and DBALL2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

More info from iDatalink :

2005 CRV with Viper 5103 and DBALL2 - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

Looks like the top plug towards the center of the car.

Not sure I'd worry about Dome Light Supervision.  Do the interior lights come on with an unlock command?

Soldering is fun!
azndrgn 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azndrgn
Hmm that looks like it'll be fun to get to. The dome light does come on when the stock unlock button is pushed, does that mean I don't need the dome light supervision light connected?
I think I had looked at an idatalink bypass when I started but I thought I had found that the firmware and wiring diagrams were not available to the general public. Do you have to be a dealer or one of their installers to be able to get to that information? If not I may need to try that out the next time I do this again.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Probably don't need  Dome Light Supervision connected.

iDatalink makes solid products.  The install guides are very easy to follow and always very accurate.  The install guides are available to all but their forums are restricted to registered and vetted professional installers.  As with all major manufacturers ( Directed, Audiovox, Compustar, etc ) their Tech Support is available only to their dealers.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Hello woken up late, two thoughts.
Dome supervision not required on Hondas, Toyotas BMW from around 2000.
That plug is a PITA to get at on right hand drive vehicles, alternative are plugs inside driver kick panel, but again in a recess, hard to see very thin wires, two plugs colours on Euro version again, don't match etc.
azndrgn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azndrgn
Thanks again guys. Between work and the weather it'll be a couple more days before I am able to get back to the car but I'll update this as I go along and hopefully when I'm done I'll be able to clean this up a bit so anyone who is looking to do this will have a decent reference to start with.
azndrgn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2015 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azndrgn
Okay well after 2 hours of cursing and finagling my way behind the fuse box I finally have the keyless entry wire hooked up but I think I may have fried by Dball2.... So the other night while I was trying to wrap up I accidentally connected the keyless entry wire from the DBALL2 to the dome light wire in the car. Is there any way to figure out if the DBALL is bad?
Fast forward to today the horn honks when I lock and unlock the car but the locks don't do anything. When I try to remote start the car I got 7 parking light flashes, manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized. Reprogrammed the viper system to automatic transmission and now I get 8 parking light flashes, Neutral safety has no ground or the neutral safety switch is off. I've traced my wiring back and the neutral safety switch input, black / white wire, from the 5 pin remote start input wire is grounded to the body. Added another jumper to another ground and verified the ground with a multimeter and everything checks out. I've gone through the settings to make sure that I didn't miss anything but everything looks fine. I'm stumped, anyone have any ideas?
azndrgn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2015 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azndrgn
Okay so after some searching I found that not installing the shutdown toggle switch will give the NSS error. Plugged the switch in and the remote start works so at least the bypass still works. If I can't figure out the locks I guess I could remove the door lock wiring from the DBALL and just go straight to the lock and unlock wires on the car.
azndrgn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azndrgn
I haven't figured out a way to determine if my DBALL2 got fried when I hooked the lock / unlock data wire to the dome light I decided to take the lock and unlock wiring straight from the Viper brain to the car. I connected the blue viper wire to the white / green for the car for the unlock control and the green viper wire to the white / blue on the car for lock control. As soon as I touch the blue wire to the white / green the lock solenoids activate and go to unlock. With both wires temporarily connected the horn chirps and I hear a relay click but nothing else happens. Not sure what is going on so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.
azndrgn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azndrgn
Just checked out DEI's document 1041 and it looks like I should have a Type B system where the desired output is grounded. So on lock command the lock wire is grounded, on unlock command the unlock wire is grounded. I don't see any special setup required for it to do this and the diagrams I have show it hooked up the way I have it, Blue for unlock and Green for lock.
azndrgn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azndrgn
Well looks like DEI idiot proofed the wiring connections but I somehow still managed to screw it up. I had the door lock harness plugged into the black 3 pin plug instead of the white one. Swapped the harness and soldered the wires directly to the door lock wires on the car and everything works fine now. I didn't bother reconnecting to the DBALL but I imagine it is probably working fine. Only thing left is to finish programming. I really wish I had investing in a bitwriter now, listening to the horn honk over and over is driving me nuts and I imagine it's driving my neighbors crazy too.
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic