the12volt.com spacer
icon

4015V starts truck but immediately stops

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
They are DC but because of the waveform you must measure it as AC, expect 1.5 -6VAC reading increasing slightly with engine revs.
Out of interest have you tried it with the key in the ignition. BTW Default setting is virtual tach.
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
This is the Old Body style truck??? Correct? How is the FLCAN wired to the remote start? Is it data to data or hardwired. Also if this is the Old Style truck... I believe it is a passlock 2 issue!!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I think Ziggy is right, if tach were wrong it would run for 15 seconds before cutting out. Try and leave the key in the ignition (off) and see what happens.
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
Howie, that will not do any good if it is the old style truck... They made the old style for a bit in 07 when the new platform truck rolled out... He listed his truck as a 07 Classic... I think that is the old passlock two
ncjohn 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
howie ll wrote:
Look at the sheet of paper you get with the unit. It explains how to perform nearly all the programming without a bitwriter.
I did. The only references to virtual tach are a "virtual tach fine tune" which is only available through bitwriter and a reset that I can perform with the valet button.
I might have to get a bitwriter. Assuming my tach signal is good (which is still suspect), I might be able to program out this problem through settings.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
howie ll wrote:
They are DC but because of the waveform you must measure it as AC, expect 1.5 -6VAC reading increasing slightly with engine revs.
Out of interest have you tried it with the key in the ignition. BTW Default setting is virtual tach.
Well, I'm not getting the voltage reading one would expect. Like I said, I'm measuring around 6 volts with some fluctuation (+/- 0.5 V) but not fluctuation with a change in RPM (through throttle input).
I have tried it with the key in the ignition but the result is the same.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
ziggyb222 wrote:
Howie, that will not do any good if it is the old style truck... They made the old style for a bit in 07 when the new platform truck rolled out... He listed his truck as a 07 Classic... I think that is the old passlock two
It is the classic (old, OLD bodystyle). BUT, if I leave the key in the ignition, wouldn't that rule out passlock being the problem?
If its passlock two, is Crutchfield steering me wrong with wiring and/or hardware?
For the FLCAN wiring I have an ignition input (taken from the pink ignition harness wire) to the pink FLCAN wire, the orange data wire going to my OBDII (pin 2) and the d2d cable to the Viper. For this testing though, its not being used and I am keeping the key in the ignition.   I was not instructed to wire anything else on it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I'm just guessing here because I'm the other side of the pond where we don't have either Silverados or FLCAN that you have the wrong by-pass and wiring.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
howie ll wrote:
I'm just guessing here because I'm the other side of the pond where we don't have either Silverados or FLCAN that you have the wrong by-pass and wiring.
Well I sincerely appreciate your (and everyone elses) help with this. I am kind of at the mercy of Crutchfield to trust everything they are providing me (hardware and information) is correct. I've talked to three of their tech people though and am still no further ahead.
I've got the wiring schematic they provided me if I am able to post it on here.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Did they ask for a VIN number or can you do what we do here, give licence plate and that gives them all the details?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic