the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

4015V starts truck but immediately stops

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
The bypass is fine.. You will need to use install guide 3 on the FLCAN website. All the information is there... Your remote start heavy wires should be hooked up to the wires in the switch just above the BCM.. DL-GM1 is the firmware you will need it flashed too...
ncjohn 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
howie ll wrote:
Did they ask for a VIN number or can you do what we do here, give licence plate and that gives them all the details?
Nope, they don't use the VIN. They just set everything up for an 07 Silverado Classic.   I'm hoping the FLCAN being delivered today will provide the Viper with the engine run/tach signal it is looking for through the d2d connection and this solves the problem. At this point I'd just be happy if it worked, rather than specifically understand why it won't.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Tach isn't the issue, more likely by-pass. Read and follow Ziggy's last post.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
ziggyb222 wrote:
The bypass is fine.. You will need to use install guide 3 on the FLCAN website. All the information is there... Your remote start heavy wires should be hooked up to the wires in the switch just above the BCM.. DL-GM1 is the firmware you will need it flashed too...
I have been using guide 3 for the wiring diagram (only wiring ignition, data from my OBDII and the d2d wire).   The viper is wired up per the schematic they (Crutchfield) provided me.   I am getting my fourth FLCAN today and just asked the tech support guy what firmware he loaded on it (I've gotten both 1's and 10's, they can't seem to make up their minds as to what I need). I hope it is 1.
FLCAN aside though- I am only using it, as I understand, as the immobilizer bypass. Still no answers as to what is going on with the starter side itself.   This is pretty frustrating- I've done a few remote start installs but it has been a long time (recent vehicles have either come with them or just needed to be activated by the dealer).
ziggyb222 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
What do you have hooked up to the igniton switch wires... You need 12v constant...two ignitions and one acc... It is better to wire it up wire to wire... D2D does not always play well together.. I do all my GMC trucks that way..
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
Update - might have figured out the problem. The fourth FLCAN that came in yesterday didn't work so Crutchfield tech took my VIN number and started again that way. I had a few back and forth emails regarding the configuration of my OBDII wiring and that seemed to identify a problem. My last email from crutchfield last night-
"Thank you for your help. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I have several solutions to solve your issue. The bad news is that two of the FLCAN’s that you had, did have the correct firmware for us, we just need to wire it in differently. When I checked the VIN it is built as a new body style Chevy, but it still has the Classic wiring in it at the OBDII port, but out immobilizer data is in a different place, at the key barrel. That is why when we tested the remote start with the key in the ignition it did not work. That test is not applicable to the PK3 data in the truck. I am overnighting you an FLCAN with the DL-GM10 firmware. I am attaching a copy of the wiring that we will need for your truck. I will be here Thursday from 12-8. You should receive the FLCAN that morning. Please let me know if I can help in any way."
So.... it looks like the issue is my truck is in between an 07 and an 07.5 with components from both. That's pretty messed up but since its GM.....
I'll see what I need to rewire and hopefully put this to rest tomorrow. Good timing if it works, this weather is finally supposed to turn where I will actually want to use the remote start in the morning.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
ziggyb222 wrote:
What do you have hooked up to the igniton switch wires... You need 12v constant...two ignitions and one acc... It is better to wire it up wire to wire... D2D does not always play well together.. I do all my GMC trucks that way..
On the viper remote start 6-pin harness:
1 RED to Red 40A wire in ignition harness
2 PINK/WHITE to white (heavy gauge) wire in ignition harness
3 RED to second RED 40A wire in ignition harness
4 ORANGE to ORANGE wire in ignition harness
5 PURPLE to YELLOW wire in ignition harness
6 PINK to PINK wire in ignition harness (was also using this wire to get ignition signal to FLCAN pink wire but that may be changing now)
I also have a second acc relay set up. I attached the original wiring schematic provided to me. Based on what was found by the VIN, I suspect a lot of the FLCAN wiring is going to change.
thanks!
4015V starts truck but immediately stops - Page 3 -- posted image.
ziggyb222 
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
It would be nice to respond to the people on here that are trying to help you. When we ask a question We are trying to figure out something for you that We have done a hundred times. If you would have listed all your connections to the truck from the starter We would have had the answer to the questions asked. The new body style trucks are PK3...the old style trucks are Passlock 2... totally different. They made the old style(Classic) in 2007.. The circle with a plus in it on the key barrel indicates the PK3 systems or New Body style...also produced in 2007. The people on here install most everyday... someone that has sent you as many parts as they have..are guessing what to do next....
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Ziggy, why do you think I suggested a VIN check, but yes I agree.
ziggyb222 
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
Thank you ncjohn...the wiring at the ignition harness indicates to me that the truck is the old style.... Is your truck the newer style body or not..Also does your key have a circle with a plus inside the circle on the key barrel????
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic