the12volt.com spacer
icon

4015V starts truck but immediately stops

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ncjohn 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
ziggyb222 wrote:
Thank you ncjohn...the wiring at the ignition harness indicates to me that the truck is the old style.... Is your truck the newer style body or not..Also does your key have a circle with a plus inside the circle on the key barrel????
The truck is the older body style- the Silverado classic. Looking at my ignition key, I can see a partial imprint of a circle but can't make out a plus. The key shouldn't be worn- the truck has less than 10,000 miles on it.
thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Hmmm what's the carpet like under the pedals, or how clean is the engine bay?
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
ziggyb222 wrote:
It would be nice to respond to the people on here that are trying to help you. When we ask a question We are trying to figure out something for you that We have done a hundred times. If you would have listed all your connections to the truck from the starter We would have had the answer to the questions asked. The new body style trucks are PK3...the old style trucks are Passlock 2... totally different. They made the old style(Classic) in 2007.. The circle with a plus in it on the key barrel indicates the PK3 systems or New Body style...also produced in 2007. The people on here install most everyday... someone that has sent you as many parts as they have..are guessing what to do next....
I thought I had responded to everyone. I am very appreciative of the time and effort you guys are making to help me out. This was the first time anyone from crutchfield asked me for the VIN and what it seems to have determined is I have the older body with the newer PK3.
Yeah, I came on here (the12volt.com) to up my level of tech support. Those guys at "C" are spending the time but just not coming up with answers for me.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
howie ll wrote:
Hmmm what's the carpet like under the pedals, or how clean is the engine bay?
It's legit. My boss bought the truck new in 06 and only put a few hundred miles on it a year (it was a third vehicle). All the mileage is recorded on the annual inspections. I bought it off him a month or so ago with 8,800 miles on the odometer. It's still as brand new.
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
What did they flash the module with for firmware this time... Should be DL-GM1... There is only one connection to the truck and that is to the purple wire in pin number two of the OBD2 port. I recommend the wires from the starter to the module be hardwired... D2D does not always work out...
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
ziggyb222 wrote:
What did they flash the module with for firmware this time... Should be DL-GM1... There is only one connection to the truck and that is to the purple wire in pin number two of the OBD2 port. I recommend the wires from the starter to the module be hardwired... D2D does not always work out...
Ok, thanks. I'll let you know how things go tomorrow (Thursday). Hoping to get out of work early enough to get some time on it.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
No luck with the newest FLCAN. I went to a local install shop today and the tech confirmed everything looked like it was wired correctly. They think it's a programming issue so I've got an appointment next Thursday so they can spend a bit more time on it (they were booked solid today).
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
Are you still using Data to data connection?
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
ziggyb222 wrote:
Are you still using Data to data connection?
I'm still trying to get it to work just off the viper with the key in the ignition. I think once I get it working correctly I can figure out the bypass side.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
What are the steps you are doing to change the engine checking? from tach, virtual Tach, ect
Ignition on then off
Press and hold Valet Button until the horn honks twice and LED flashes twice. Release Valet Button. (MENU 2)
Then press Valet button once and release, then press and hold. You should get one honk from the horn and one flash from the LED. (Feature 1)
You should now be in Engine Checking.
Using the remote Lock or Unlock button it will cycle through the options. The horn should honk 1,2,3, or 4 times to indicate which option you are at. Three honks is OFF. Four honks is TACH.
When you have the desired option, release the Valet button, wait about 30 seconds, the system should exit the settings menu with a horn honk,(long)
Try your selection, (Do TACH Learn) or what ever you chose.
It takes a bit of practice to get the steps down, but it can be done.
All of this should be in the guide that came with your remote starter
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic