the12volt.com spacer
icon

4015V starts truck but immediately stops

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ncjohn 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2016 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
smokeman1 wrote:
What are the steps you are doing to change the engine checking? from tach, virtual Tach, ect
Ignition on then off
Press and hold Valet Button until the horn honks twice and LED flashes twice. Release Valet Button. (MENU 2)
Then press Valet button once and release, then press and hold. You should get one honk from the horn and one flash from the LED. (Feature 1)
You should now be in Engine Checking.
Using the remote Lock or Unlock button it will cycle through the options. The horn should honk 1,2,3, or 4 times to indicate which option you are at. Three honks is OFF. Four honks is TACH.
When you have the desired option, release the Valet button, wait about 30 seconds, the system should exit the settings menu with a horn honk,(long)
Try your selection, (Do TACH Learn) or what ever you chose.
It takes a bit of practice to get the steps down, but it can be done.
All of this should be in the guide that came with your remote starter
I'll try it again. The installer tried a few things in the programming and they are a viper dealer so he was moving around in it pretty quickly (seemed like he knew what he was doing). Thanks!
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2016 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
are you still in data mode????
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2016 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
ncjohn wrote:
ziggyb222 wrote:
Are you still using Data to data connection?
I'm still trying to get it to work just off the viper with the key in the ignition. I think once I get it working correctly I can figure out the bypass side.
Your truck does not have a chip in the key. Doing this will not help at all. We need to focus on how the bypass learns and what it's doing when you activate the remote start.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2016 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
I've been trying to get it to work without the FLCAN. I've given up on those for the time being.   If the viper is hooked up correctly it should work without the bypass if the key is there, shouldn't it?
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
ncjohn wrote:
I've been trying to get it to work without the FLCAN. I've given up on those for the time being.   If the viper is hooked up correctly it should work without the bypass if the key is there, shouldn't it?
No. Once again, your truck does not have a chip in the key. It has passlock. Passlock is a basically a resistor built into the ignition cylinder. When the ignition switch is turned to the crank position, a specific resistance is sent to the bcm. The fl-can handles this though data. If you want, start the truck with the key then activate the remote start. You should be able to remove the key and it will stay running.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
beegbie wrote:
ncjohn wrote:
No. Once again, your truck does not have a chip in the key. It has passlock. Passlock is a basically a resistor built into the ignition cylinder. When the ignition switch is turned to the crank position, a specific resistance is sent to the bcm. The fl-can handles this though data. If you want, start the truck with the key then activate the remote start. You should be able to remove the key and it will stay running.
That is e only thing that that works properly. If the truck is running with the key, I can use the remote to put it in valet mode and it will keep running.
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
ziggyb222 wrote:
are you still in data mode????
How do I rewire it to get out of data mode? What configuration do I need?
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
Follow the Fortins website diagram.... I have done a hundred of these trucks....
ncjohn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ncjohn
Ditched the FLCAN today and installed a DBALL2. Its working perfectly. Didn't have to change any of my wiring. Problem was with the FLCANs and/or their programming the entire time.
Thanks for the help.
Page of 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic