the12volt.com spacer
icon

Smart Star VSM200 with Viper 5901 & DBALL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2015 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote minhbach
Hi.
I just want to add smart start VSM200 to the Viper 5901 & DBALL. But I already used the D2D connection the bypass DBALL to the Viper Unit.
So How can make the connection to the smart start using D2D. I don't think it allowed to split the connection.
Do I have to connection the 5 pin connection from the smart start at all or leave it open.
Which connection should I use. ESP 4 pin or ESP 3 pin and where is it connect to Viper 5901. And they said D2D, I have to ground the gray wire. Please help. Thank
azndrgn 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2015 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azndrgn
Can you run the DBALL W2W and then connect the VSM2000 D2D?
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2015 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
The VSM 200 plugs into the Viper's Bitwriter port which i believe is the 3 pin black port on the Viper's brain. Just wire up power and ground on the smart start and plug it into the Viper's brain and you're done , thats all.
triniforever
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2015 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote minhbach
So Triniforever. no connection for the 5 pin from the smart start. And use esp 3 pin to connect to the bitwriter port on the viper' s brain. And how do we test for the signal strength? Thanks
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2015 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
To test the unit you will have to have access to directech with a dealers login or call DEI to activate the unit .
triniforever
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2016 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote minhbach
So everything is working as planned after the installation with remote. I connect the smart start VSM200 as I get the slow flash amber light and solid green. I just need an activation to get this going correct? Can you guy confirm this please?
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2016 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote minhbach
The system is working now with smart start but I have one problem with the Viper 5204. Why it is only tried to start once. Once it failed on the first try, it shut down the engine completely wihout trying again. It should try 3 times. Aside, should I try to increase the crank time from .6sec to .8sec. I use virtual tach. Please advise. Thank you
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2016 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote minhbach
Why this Viper 5204 unit only tried to start once and not 3 attempts. Is something not right here because on the cold day. It tried to start and if it is not started on the first attempt. It just shut down without retry.How to set it to 3 start attempts. Please help
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2016 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Connect the TACH wire to appropriate TACH signal, change viper to TACH, learn tach.
Did you do the proper steps to learn virtual TACH?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote minhbach
Hi. This is installed on 2015 Lexus D2D with DBALL2. Does the tach signal still need to be connected if so. Can you advise with the correct tach wire for this vehicle and its location. Or if the tach signal doesn't need to be connected. I have to change the program to Tach instead of Virtual Tach. Thank you
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic