the12volt.com spacer
icon

Parking lights blink with remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jass4752 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2016 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
Hello
I have installed compustar CS800-s one way remote starter in my Honda CRV 2003 automatic.
the starter unit and CRV has 2 wires for parking lights. positive and negative.
i connected the positive parking light wire from the unit to CRV's positive parking light wire.
Now whenever i remote start my car, the headlights blink but does not stay solid.
how do i make these lights solid with remote start.
Do i have to add a relay ?
or connect it via negative parking light wire with relay?
are there any additional wires that i have to connect from the starter unit to CRV?
Thank you
Jass
Parking lights blink with remote start -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2016 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Never heard of that before.  Are you sure you have the right wire?  The CS800-s does not have a programming option for a blinking Parking Light output.

While it's slightly difficult to get to, I always use the (-) Parking Light wire at the factory alarm plug.  I's a Green 22 pin plug just above the DKP trim piece.  The (-) Parking Light wire is Blue at Pin 9.  You can also get the (-) Horn signal there, Orange wire at Pin 6.

Soldering is fun!
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
I'm seeing positive parking lights as being RED / yellow, there is a note however saying "Can also find a RED / Black in the connector above Kick Panel NOTE: " Dealer only to : ( to program another key "
jass4752 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
kreg357 wrote:

Never heard of that before.  Are you sure you have the right wire?  The CS800-s does not have a programming option for a blinking Parking Light output.

While it's slightly difficult to get to, I always use the (-) Parking Light wire at the factory alarm plug.  I's a Green 22 pin plug just above the DKP trim piece.  The (-) Parking Light wire is Blue at Pin 9.  You can also get the (-) Horn signal there, Orange wire at Pin 6.

Hello
Yeah i did connect the orange horn Wire. everything is working fine except the parking lights.
So if i connect the Negative parking light wire, do i need a relay?
if i do, that's how i wire it? as in the picture below?
and where do i attach the fuse. at #1 or #2? or it does not matter. and how many amp fuse do i need?
and do i need to ground this connection?
and can i connect +12V constant to any 12v+ constant wire nearby? there is one @ harness in the driver's kick panel. 1 should be in the green harness as well.
jass4752 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
bs1d3 wrote:
I'm seeing positive parking lights as being RED / yellow, there is a note however saying "Can also find a RED / Black in the connector above Kick Panel NOTE: " Dealer only to : ( to program another key "
yeah i read it somewhere too, there one + parking light wire at the fusebox and one at the drivers kick panel harness (which is the one i connected). this connection is not working for me. lol
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Do not connect a relay wired like you have shown. That will cause problems, and possible melt something.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
You should just be able to connect your CM800 grn/white (-) parking light to the Blue (-) parking light in that green connector.
Check with a meter first though to make sure its right.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Can't edit :(
I mean Grn/wht in CN2 harness. Connect negative to negative.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
As mscguy says.  The CS800-s has two Parking Light Outputs.  Both are GREEN / WHITE wires.  The (+) Parking Light wire is in the CN1 connector and is a thick wire.  The (-) Parking Light wire is in the CN2 connector and is thin.  You should be able to just directly make than connection, CN2/1 GREEN / WHITE to the CRV's Green factory alarm plug, Blue wire at Pin 9, no relay required.  The CN1/2 GREEN / WHITE (+) Parking Light output wire should be disconnected / not used.
Soldering is fun!
jass4752 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
Remote starter unit is working fine now after connecting the negative parking light wire instead of positive parking light wire.
Thank you everyone for your Support.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic