the12volt.com spacer
icon

03 LR Discovery with 4105v Viper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dayoff 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dayoff
Yes, I wanted the lights to flash when lock/unlocked...so that's working as intended.
The only part that isn't working is the locks lock when I push unlock, or lock when I push lock..it's like it's doing the same thing. I'm connecting to the correct vehicle wires, as the wires go straight to a central lock/unlock button on the dash. Unlock is yellow/pink on the truck, and lock is pink/red.
I'm simply doing keyless entry - no alarm/etc. The central lock switch on the dash (a two way rocker) locks and unlocks properly, and it uses these same two wires in its connector, so it seems like i'm sending the wrong signal...
Pete
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Is there a factory alarm?
You may have to do it through the factory alarm arm/disarm wires.
dayoff 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dayoff
There's a factory alarm but since i'm not arming/disarming it with the viper, it's staying disarmed (I'm basically replacing the functionality of the central lock switch on the dash, which doesn't arm the vehicle.
I've read a lot of posts saying this is Type this or Type That, I might need relays, I shouldn't need anything extra, some that say I need diodes on the lock lines...just trying to figure out how I determine how to test this out. I only have 5 wires connected on the viper side, so it shouldn't be too complicated (ground, 12v, light flash, then unlock/lock).   
Pete
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2016 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
dayoff wrote:
Hmm... so far so good, but the locks only lock with the remote. they wont unlock. When you press lock or unlock with the remote, it locks the doors and flashes the hazard.
Try a double pulse for UNLOCK.
Also try the RKE with the dash switch disconnected.
Lock systems can be mysterious the way they are triggered. There are LOTS of different strategies. I just took a quick look at 4 Range Rover diagrams in about your year and found 4 different wire colors and descriptions. Very confusing.
You're probably going to have to test the wires at the switch, and figure out WHAT the signal is. Test each wire to both voltage and ground in both LOCK and UNLOCK. That's 8 individual possibilities. Then figure out how to replicate that. Usually with relays. Because there are 2 wires, I doubt there is a resistance involved. But I'm just taking educated guesses, I'm not personally familiar with your LR.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK, throw over latch at rear of door then lock it by grounding it.
A) Once locked, cut the wire. This might unlock it.
If not with wire cut,
B) Connect DMM probes to either end, set range to 2 kR and lock and unlock manually you should get a zero reading for lock and for example 600R on unlock.
Now go to the lock section on this site look at 1 wire and multiplex locking.
A = 1 wire.
B = M/plex resistive.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I don't either. I can go back to early 90's on Range Rovers and they never used one wire.
It was just a thought. That year they were Ford with lots of Volvo wiring.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic