the12volt.com spacer
icon

Astrostart system having issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ferds 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2016 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ferds
So last weekend I installed a new deck and a new amp for my girlfriend in her 2004 Jeep Liberty. Afterwards her key fab for her astrostart system quit working. I had the negative battery cable disconnected for the install and I did have to move the astroflex brain around to run some wires. When I press a button on the fab the Jeep's lights flash but the car won't lock/unlock/or start. Also the car's lights will randomly flash with no type of input from me or anyone else, just sitting locked in the parking lot and the lights will randomly flash. Any help would be very appreciated.   Not sure exactly on the system but the brain says astroflex and I believe it is the Model RSS-2514XR. please help!     Astrostart system having issues -- posted image.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2016 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
Is the Ignition key grey or Black?
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
ferds 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2016 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ferds
It is a black fob with a gray button and a black outline of a key. It looks just like the one in the link below.
http://www.astrostart.com/Products/RemoteStartSecurity/4304/RSS-2514XR.aspx
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2016 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Have you tried new batteries in the remote? If not, try that first and see. Also check the Jeep battery and make sure the connections are clean and tight.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
ferds 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2016 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ferds
We just put new batteries in the remote and the terminal on the Jeeps battery is clean and tight.
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
No. Does the ignition key that you physically start the car with have a grey head or a black head
ferds 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ferds
Oh okay. I apologize I did not understand. The key is black.
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
Did u disconnect anything from the brain. Check the ground on the astro start (should be black). Also check for 12v constant at the astro start (should be red) and make sure both connnections are solid. Is the astro start the only piece to the remote start or is there a bypass module added for door locks and tach. Where are the door lock wires running?
ferds 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ferds
I am out of town for the weekend but I will check these things when I get back. I did not remove any wires from the brain unless when I moved it a wire came loose. Also I don't know if there is a bypass module. I didn't install the system but I will check it out. Thanks for the advice.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Sounds like it's in remote programming mode. Does this unit have dip switches? Check #8.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic