the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loknar28 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Kreg,
Woo hoo!!!, That was it!!! It just needed W2W connections for the doors and trunk status inputs. Grrrr... Unreliable Time Saving features...I should have known better regarding D2D and or the DBALL2 for anything picky like MTS mode. 🙄The next install will be W2W for everything from the start.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Good news!  2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 5 -- posted image.  Glad you got it sorted out.  Sometimes the old school, direct way is the best.
Soldering is fun!
loknar28 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Kreg,
So, while the the remote start works now after the W2W of the door and trunk triggers, the trunk release still is an issue. You mentioned earlier that I could convert one of the (-) AUX output with a relay to be (+)12V using a relay. Well, I found this laying around and wired it up for that purpose. It's a little ugly but it's solid. You have to love that hot glue. The only question I really have is if a relay that is rated 5A / 30VDC is heavy duty enough. I saw that right above that rating it also listed 10A / 30VDC. Maybe the higher rating is pulsed and the orther is latched?
Here is a picture with the specifications visible.
2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 5 -- posted image.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2016 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Not sure exactly the current load of that vehicle circuit.  You could take a fused jumper wire with a DMM set to DC Amps in-line to measure the vehicles trunk release solenoid current draw.  The relay you have is not a Solid State relay but rather a SPST +12V coil relay.   Here is a link to the Spec Sheet :  http://www.goodsky.com.tw/files/New%20Datasheet/SMIT_relay.pdf

I'd guess that it will handle the trunk solenoid but definitely fuse it at 10 Amps.  Worst case the fuse blows ( or the relay is damaged ) but the car will be OK.  Standard Bosh style automotive relays ( SPDT 30/40 Amp ) with the 5 wire harness can be found on-line for < $5 in quantities of 1. 

Soldering is fun!
loknar28 
Posted: February 12, 2016 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
kreg357 wrote:

The relay you have is not a Solid State relay but rather a SPST +12V coil relay.

When I said it was solid I only meant that the wires were physically secure due to the hot glue around the wire/pin solider joints. Sorry for any confusion on that. I can see from the part number why you might have thought I was thinking along those lines though. 2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 5 -- posted image. Thank you for the spec sheet though.
I was thinking that the trunk release current load might have a typical rule of thumb. If not I can certainly try and meter it out. I am not sure if my meter would grab and hold a pulsed value. I guess there is only one way to find out. 2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 5 -- posted image.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 16, 2016 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get an Engine Compartment DEI warning label, since the factory refurbished units do not include one.
Thanks,
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
kreg357 
Posted: February 16, 2016 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

How many do you want?  2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 5 -- posted image.  I was thinking of having a garage sale on them and the hood pins that come in the kit.

PM me your address and I'll send a few.

Soldering is fun!
loknar28 
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Thanks for the offer. Last night I found one from a previous install buried in my man-cave.
I have another question though, lol.
I installed that relay I sent a picture of earlier. It works great, although for some reason I have to unlock the doors to disable the factory alarm before popping the trunk or the alarm goes off.
So, it seems that:
1)trunk release works
2)trunk status works
3)factory alarm ARM/Disarm works, just not when holding the AUX button to activate the trunk release.
Is there a setting I am missing or is there an install trick used to achieve this.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
loknar28 wrote:
Thanks for the offer. Last night I found one from a previous install buried in my man-cave.
I have another question though, lol.
I installed that relay I sent a picture of earlier. It works great, although for some reason I have to unlock the doors to disable the factory alarm before popping the trunk or the alarm goes off.
So, it seems that:
1)trunk release works
2)trunk status works
3)factory alarm ARM/Disarm works, just not when holding the AUX button to activate the trunk release.
Is there a setting I am missing or is there an install trick used to achieve this.
The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the DBALL2 once again is my problem. Since, the trunk release and the trunk status are now W2W to the RS the alarm ARM/disarm wires which still connected to the DBALL2 are not getting the message. Grrr. 2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 5 -- posted image.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Well, you know what you have to do now. Rip it all out and put in an Idatalink product. :) j/k   
Check the programming on Menu 2, Item 5 OEM disarm w/ aux/trunk. Default is "ON" but check anyway.
Otherwise, what's another couple wires to hardwire at this point :)
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic