the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loknar28 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
mscguy wrote:
Well, you know what you have to do now. Rip it all out and put in an Idatalink product. :) j/k   
Check the programming on Menu 2, Item 5 OEM disarm w/ aux/trunk. Default is "ON" but check anyway.
Otherwise, what's another couple wires to hardwire at this point :)
Thanks, I will check on that setting and I agree with you that its only a couple of more wires.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Well, since it's only a couple more wires I started to dig into the fuse box again only to be completely unsuccessful finding the arm/disarm wires. I have been looking at two sources of documents which have worked for me until now.
The spread sheet that was available here when looking up the 2007 civic and the service manual.
The spreadsheet indicates a 34 pin plug with orange and brown wires occupying pins 31 & 32. I am not sure there is a 34 pin plug anywhere on the drivers side fuse box. additionall, it appears that the orange and brown wires I need are listed in the service manual as belonging to pins 8 and 13 connected to MICU somewhere. Unable to find them out front, I pulled the fuse box again and non of the smaller plugs connected to the rear line up with those pin numbers either, as far as I can tell. See images below for my current mess and relevant doc. Am I completely off base on this one? I remember before using the KC DRVR wires on my wife's pilot.
2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 6 -- posted image.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
loknar28 wrote:
Additionally, it appears that the orange and brown wires I need are listed in the service manual as belonging to pins 8 and 13 connected to MICU.
Correction, it should read 7 & 13
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
See if you can find them in the connector going into the drivers door harness in the drivers kick.
Factory Alarm Arm      orange or pink (driver door key lock)      -      driver kick, door harness, white 18 pin plug, pin 13     
Factory Alarm Disarm      brown (driver door key unlock)      -      driver kick, door harness, white 18 pin plug, pin 7
Thats the C752 connector in the middle of your wiring diagram you posted.
loknar28 
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Thanks, I saw MICU and thought it would be one of the fusebox plugs. I do know the plug your talking about. It is square in shape and has several rows, as opposed to the typical longer two row plugs.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I managed to dig this up, if you wanted to take a closer look at that green plug in your picture. Looks like a likely candidate.
loknar28 
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
If you are referring to the large green plug in front and to the right is 42 pins. 2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 6 -- posted image.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Ok, think I found it.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Well, got it back together and It still alarms with the trunk open. However this only happens through the two-way remote, not the factory alarm. Additionally, it only happens when the trunk is opened using the vipers remote. Opening the trunk with the factory key remote does not cause this. I suppose it isn't surprising since the trunk release on the factory key now not only pops the trunk it also unlocks all the doors. 2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 6 -- posted image. Did I need to diode isolate something? I did take the unlock/lock function away from the DBALL2 by wiring the blue and green directly to the wires the dball2 was connected to in factory harness. Maybe it needs to stay connected????
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
loknar28 wrote:
Maybe it needs to stay connected????
I am referring to the unlock/lock on the dball2. The reason I mention it is because it showed that those wires where required to prevent issues with the factory alarm. However, I figured that would only be the case if lock/unlock wasn't W2W to the harness from the R/S. Maybe this was a work around for something CAN BUS related?
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic