the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Blue & green wires? Did you connect the 5301 door lock and unlock wires to the factory alarm arm and disarm wires? Maybe I read that wrong.
loknar28 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Do I need a quenching diode across the trunk release relay coil to prevent the factory pulse from feeding back through the coil to the R/S since the relay shares the + for the coil and the pulse? Ie...(-) trigger
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I guess I did read it wrong.   You connected h2/1 and h2/3 to the factory alarm disarm and arm wires correct?
I assumed you were going to leave lock and unlock as it was, and just wire in the arm and disarm viper wires.
loknar28 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
mscguy wrote:
I guess I did read it wrong.   You connected h2/1 and h2/3 to the factory alarm disarm and arm wires correct?
I assumed you were going to leave lock and unlock as it was, and just wire in the arm and disarm viper wires.
I connected the arm/disarm wires to h2/1 & h2/2. H2/3 is the AUX1 input on the 5301. While I was in there I thought I would just direct wire the lock/unlock as well. I figured it would be better since everything else other than the immo was off of it. As you can see in the diagram below, there are separate lock/unlock feeds from the dball2 to the R/S and also from the dball2 to the factory harness. I was hoping to eliminate all of that and just go straight from the R/S to the harness. It may not have anything to do with any of it, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 7 -- posted image.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
mscguy wrote:
Blue & green wires? Did you connect the 5301 door lock and unlock wires to the factory alarm arm and disarm wires? Maybe I read that wrong.
No, sorry for any confusion. The disarm/arm before where being handled by D2D. These went W2W to 31 & 32 brn/org on the 34 pin plug you mentioned.
The Lock/unlock was just something I was trying to cleanup and thought may have caused some issues since the dball2 had a note on connecting it's unlock/lock out directly to the harness. There is a little box with that text in the image I sent.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
I moved the blue and green lock/unlock input wires from the R/S back to the dball2, as well as the lock/unlock output wires from the dball2 to the harness. This was not causing the strange trunk release. Maybe I just never noticed it before.
The arm/disarm wires are still directly connected to the brown and orange wires on the 34 pin plug.
I did notice that pin 22 on the 34 pin plug was light blue and there is a reference to the door/keyless entry system. Would you know by chance if that wire happens to be the elusive second unlock wire?
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
That light blue pin 22 looks to be the Passenger door lock Knob switch. Goes to ground when you pull up the passenger door lock knob.
I assume that since you put the door locks back, and connected the arm/disarm wires, that the trunk alarm problem still exists?
Did you check that menu option I mentioned a little ways back?
loknar28 
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
mscguy wrote:
That light blue pin 22 looks to be the Passenger door lock Knob switch. Goes to ground when you pull up the passenger door lock knob.
I assume that since you put the door locks back, and connected the arm/disarm wires, that the trunk alarm problem still exists?
Did you check that menu option I mentioned a little ways back?
I connected the light blue wire to pin 22 and set menu option 2/7 to setting 2(2nd unlock after first) - no luck on a second unlock so I guess its a different light blue wire.
Yeah, the remote starts making alarm sounds with all the LEDs flashing. It is interesting though that when I open the trunk it does not "goes off" immediately, it waits about 15-20 seconds.
Regarding menu option 2/5, I hit the the lock button on the remote and heard two beeps which means it was on Default and advanced to the 2nd setting. I moved through back to Default and backed out.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 20, 2016 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
loknar28 wrote:
Regarding menu option 2/5, I hit the the lock button on the remote and heard two beeps which means it was on Default and advanced to the 2nd setting. I moved through back to Default and backed out.
Am I correct in this assumption? ............which means it was on Default and advanced to the 2nd setting.
loknar28 wrote:
It is interesting though that when I open the trunk Viper alarm does not "goes off" immediately, it waits about 15-20 seconds.
Is this normal behavior? like a "door held open" feature?2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 7 -- posted image.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2016 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I'm running out of ideas.
What input is your trunk connected to on your r/s?
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic