the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loknar28 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2016 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
mscguy wrote:
I'm running out of ideas.
What input is your trunk connected to on your r/s?
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Honey-Do-Lists      2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 8 -- posted image.
Trunk Status (-)
blue - fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Trunk Release (+)
Heavy Green Wire - fuse box, top 42 pin plug
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2016 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Yeah, but what wire is your trunk status connected to on your viper? Is it shared with the doors?
loknar28 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
mscguy wrote:
Yeah, but what wire is your trunk status connected to on your viper? Is it shared with the doors?
You know what, looking at the the Viper Install guide I am now noticing that there is no trunk status wire. Prior to installation with the DBALL2 I prepped the wiring, creating a harness between the two devices. Looking at the DBALL2 guide it simply states that you should connect the DBALL2 trunk status output to the Viper's trunk status input. The dball2 wire is RED / blk and I most likely did connect this to the (-) door status on the Viper, since the one for the trunk does not exist. How else would you monitor the trunk status? I will need to unwrap the harness to verify this, but I suspect that this is the case. I think I also did not use a diode on that guy. If they are connected together through the same viper interface I guess that could be important.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Yeah, you mentioned a while back that you wires the trunk w2w as per kregs instructions, so I'm assuming you connected it to the door wire.
loknar28 
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Yeah seems like that maybe the problem? So in this situation is the door wire an appropriate location for trunk status? It seems like an odd physical input to leave out. There is RED / WHT for trunk release so do you not need the status wire? When I originally was wiring the dball I guess I assumed that it would be fine for the alarm to see the trunk as just another door so I wasn't to worried about it. In this case I guess the thinks one of the doors is open when the door alarm has not been disabled. Maybe I just need to cut that input. Would you agree?
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
For clarification I do not mean the entire door input, just the trunk signal wire that is triggering that input.
In any case I do appreciate the time that Kreg and you have given me to iron out my issues. If either of you have any networking or other IT questions, please do not hesitate to send me a message.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
If you open a door, does the alarm go off right away?
loknar28 
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
I have the alarm set to disarm on unlock, so I assume that it arms upon lock. How would I test this? I know that if I stay in the vehicle and the alarm arms....i.e. door locks on timer, and I then turn the key in the ignition that the factory alarm goes off immediately.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Roll down the window, close the door, arm the system, wait a minute, reach in and open the door.
If I remember your wiring diagram correctly, your car has seperate disarm switches in the door lock knobs, so this method should only set off your viper alarm.
loknar28 
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Ok, I did the following.
1) started car and rolled down window.
2) shutdown car and closed door
3) locked vehicle with the viper remote.
4) Reaching through window, I unlocked the door manually....physical unlock rocker next to handle. Pulling the inside handle on its own doesn't unlock the door unlike some other vehicles out there.
5) I then opened the door using the inside handle. This did not trigger either the Viper or the OEM Alarm.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic